Status Features and Upgrades

eden buganim

12 hours ago, ChurchOfPop said:

There's a major issue with a feature. When you select a member to show only updates by, it freezes on that member and u can't undo it. So I've been seeing the same statuses from the same person for weeks and it will not let me un do it. I thought it might be just my account but I've had 2 more complaints now.

There should be a little 'x' button next to the filtered member name:

Untitled-1.png.0fda9b9feee860250d3aa722a

Try clicking it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update is out, minor changes this time:

On 2/18/2016 at 7:02 PM, AlphaCheeto said:

Is their a way to disable editing of status updates? Or maybe move the edit option under the gear icon.

Edit button has been moved under the 'options' menu.

On 2/19/2016 at 3:04 AM, ChurchOfPop said:

There's a major issue with a feature. When you select a member to show only updates by, it freezes on that member and u can't undo it. So I've been seeing the same statuses from the same person for weeks and it will not let me un do it. I thought it might be just my account but I've had 2 more complaints now.

This is most likely theme related, but I've added an option to the widget's settings which allows disabling the by-member filter altogether.

On 2/22/2016 at 2:04 PM, Fnuxale said:

New update is out, minor changes this time:

Edit button has been moved under the 'options' menu.

This is most likely theme related, but I've added an option to the widget's settings which allows disabling the by-member filter altogether.

Looks great, thanks for the update ;)

7 hours ago, Tim Butts said:

Hello I seem to be having an issue where if a YouTube video is posted the read more and read less features won't collapse properly.

Here's a screen shot. That status height limit is set at 5 lines. Anyone else have a problem like this?

TnJ5NxJ.png

Thanks for reporting!

For the time being you can add this to custom.css, it should solve the problem:

.ipsTruncate[data-ipstruncatealt] .ipsEmbeddedVideo:not( .ipsEmbeddedVideo_limited )
{
    display: table;
}

This fix will be included with the next update :)

@Fnuxale

In version 1.0.2 you added "'Read less' functionality added (available after 'Read more' is clicked)."

I installed v1.0.3 and I'm not seeing read less only read more, I've cleared caches.

Do you have an idea what could be happening here ?

Thanks for the update BTW.

13 hours ago, Sull5 said:

@Fnuxale

In version 1.0.2 you added "'Read less' functionality added (available after 'Read more' is clicked)."

I installed v1.0.3 and I'm not seeing read less only read more, I've cleared caches.

Do you have an idea what could be happening here ?

Thanks for the update BTW.

Not sure, actually. I've just test upgraded the plugin on a different board and the Read less was still there.

Did you try reinstalling? Can you confirm that 'edit' is now under 'options'?

23 hours ago, Fnuxale said:

Not sure, actually. I've just test upgraded the plugin on a different board and the Read less was still there.

Did you try reinstalling? Can you confirm that 'edit' is now under 'options'?

Updating was a no go, removing and reinstalling all is good now. 

Thanks again!

10 hours ago, Sull5 said:

Back again. This seems like a bug to me.

Report a status update > go to /modcp/reports/ and all status updates that have been reported will have the title "f8d69db5a0563aa29ef3d25b32eaf703"

It seems to be happening without the plugin too, actually.. :blink:

Something I have noticed, when rich text is enabled, often when visiting the front page there is a status update with an image and sometimes it'll simply display the image and there is no read more, if I refresh the page again the image will be hidden and read more will be shown... not sure what's up with that ?

On 3/8/2016 at 7:35 AM, Sull5 said:

Something I have noticed, when rich text is enabled, often when visiting the front page there is a status update with an image and sometimes it'll simply display the image and there is no read more, if I refresh the page again the image will be hidden and read more will be shown... not sure what's up with that ?

Yup, this has been noted already and should be fixed with the next update!

Thanks for reporting ^_^

There are a few issues with this when viewing the site as a guest. The Username link isn't clickable (when guests can't view profiles, as it should be) however read replies, the date/time stamp and indeed the Cog are; for some reason clickable. Which leads to errors and guest frustration. 

bug.png

bug2.png

On 3/14/2016 at 0:29 PM, Tripp_UK said:

There are a few issues with this when viewing the site as a guest. The Username link isn't clickable (when guests can't view profiles, as it should be) however read replies, the date/time stamp and indeed the Cog are; for some reason clickable. Which leads to errors and guest frustration. 

bug.png

bug2.png

Regarding the username not being a link, I suppose that's the case when a user can't view the content the link leads to. It's set like this in the stock widget as well, and will remain this way.

I've noted the other issues though, and will try to tackle them with the next update, which should be released during next week.

*It's important to note most of these issues occur the same way with the stock widget as well, since it's quite the technical paradox to allow a certain member group view of content which is a part of the module it's forbidden access to in the first place.

5 hours ago, Fnuxale said:

Regarding the username not being a link, I suppose that's the case when a user can't view the content the link leads to. It's set like this in the stock widget as well, and will remain this way.

Right... Except that's not what I said at all, in no way did I suggest that this needs changing. What I said was:

On 14/03/2016 at 10:29 AM, Tripp_UK said:

There are a few issues with this when viewing the site as a guest. The Username link isn't clickable (when guests can't view profiles, as it should be) however read re...

u_u I'm not clear with my English sometimes. Next time I'll make it more clear, like above.

5 hours ago, Fnuxale said:

I've noted the other issues though, and will try to tackle them with the next update, which should be released during next week.

*It's important to note most of these issues occur the same way with the stock widget as well, since it's quite the technical paradox to allow a certain member group view of content which is a part of the module it's forbidden access to in the first place.

Thank you. ^_^

On 3/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, Admonstrator said:

Nice plugin :3 But some problems while using embedded posts like Instagram. Truncate does not work in this case and creates a hugh blank area:

(Mehr anzeigen = Read more)

2016-03-21 10_39_43-Forum - Cosvalley.de.png

I've attempted to resolve this with the new update, thanks for the report ^_^

New version is out. I made my best to address all the issues you guys mentioned. Once again, thanks for everybody's reports. I've tried to add a couple of features on top as well this time ^_^

11 minutes ago, Sull5 said:

With the update, when you turn rich text on images in status updates are shown, the option to expand isn't shown anymore ? 

That shouldn't be the case. I've just tested it and expend appears properly.

Have you tried refreshing the browser cache?

P.S - I've noted an issue with embedding instagram posts when using IE which I'll try to correct asap and reupload.

Archived