Status Features and Upgrades

eden buganim

Since most of the issues seem to be related to clashes between the stock widget, theme changes made to it and other hooks applied to it, the next version (which is due during this week) will be completely separated from the original Recent Status Updates block.

The new features will include pagination of status updates and searching specific members' status updates, along with various bug fixes and interface improvements.

statusupdates.thumb.jpg.99f548959eab4dcf

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On January 4, 2016 at 0:46 PM, Fnuxale said:

For consistency and stability sake I'm looking for a couple of beta-testers for the next version, preferably ones that the previous version didn't work for.

Please contact me via pm if you're interested!

I guess I could try it because as is I can't even see my site blocks at all with th current version. I need something 

New version is out! Get it while it's still hot!

Make sure you read the fine-print:

- Note to whoever purchased the plugin prior to 7/1/16:
This is NOT the same Status Feed Upgrades plugin that was featured on this page, so make sure to uninstall it before installing the Advanced Status Updates plugin. Also, do not upgrade from Status Feed Upgrades to Advanced Status Updates.

The main reason the previous plugin has been replaced with this one is due to conflicts between templates and hooks over the stock widget block. This plugin was made as a completely separate block, so as to minimize that risk

Just now, superj707 said:

Are you youtube videos and other media supposed to show in the advanced feed? They aren't working for me. :(

no media showing.JPG

Are images working? It might be that you have Rich-Text toggled off! Take a look at the menu under the little cog on the top-right ^^"

2 minutes ago, superj707 said:

that did trick! rich text was off. I have the cog in such light font that I can't even really see it. LOL  Thank you

will rich text be on for everyone now? Or is it a user level setting?

Yeah, didn't expect the widget title to be grey XD"

The cog is a per-member settings menu... however, you can set the default content-type from the Block Manager view. I suggest you watch the demo video here:

8 minutes ago, Fnuxale said:

Yeah, didn't expect the widget title to be grey XD"

The cog is a per-member settings menu... however, you can set the default content-type from the Block Manager view. I suggest you watch the demo video here:

That helped.. now unfortunately I have a new issue. I can set the default to rich text but it won't stay the default. When I save and check again, it's suddenly off.

dispay rich text.JPG

Just now, superj707 said:

That helped.. now unfortunately I have a new issue. I can set the default to rich text but it won't stay the default. When I save and check again, it's suddenly off.

dispay rich text.JPG

You are correct, I can see that issue over on my board as well. I will make an update in the next few minutes to solve this! Should've had you for beta anyway :p

have a problem here, after showing updates from specific user, im unable to remove the name again so i can get updates from others.

same problem in both chrome and firefox 

the plugin only shows the name of the latest updater, nothing else of the content that was added to the status update is showing

nocontact.jpg

bonus bug

adding a status via block and submitting it, it does not collapse and users click submit over and over.

8 hours ago, PirateCaptain said:

have a problem here, after showing updates from specific user, im unable to remove the name again so i can get updates from others.

same problem in both chrome and firefox 

the plugin only shows the name of the latest updater, nothing else of the content that was added to the status update is showing

nocontact.jpg

bonus bug

adding a status via block and submitting it, it does not collapse and users click submit over and over.

The theme you are using might be causing some of the issues.. For instance, I can't see the 'X' icon next to the name of the member you searched, which is how you clear that box and go back to displaying everybody's status updates.

Also, adding new status updates using the block does collapse the editor area back to 'What's on your mind?'. The functionality of it was taken directly from the original block.

4 hours ago, Sull5 said:

Hi, Awesome work.

When using repuation system rather than likes there is some overlap of the rep buttons. Pictured below..

56941aeba8eea_Screenshot2016-01-1113.06.

Thanks for reporting this, will be taken care of in the next update.

In the meanwhile, you can add this CSS bit to custom.css

.elStatusTools.ipsList_inline.ipsType_light .ipsRep_mini .ipsLikeRep > .ipsButton[data-action="giveReputation"] {
    color: white;
    -webkit-margin-start: 0;
    font-size: 9px;
    padding: 0 3px;
    display: inline-block;
    line-height: 14px;
    vertical-align: text-top;
}

2 hours ago, Sull5 said:

@Fnuxale

I may have a bug. If anyone attempts to upload an image via status update reply you'll receive "There was a problem uploading the file." but if I go to that members profile and reply there I'm able to upload a image no problem. 

You're not alone. I'll look into fixing it during this weekend.

4 hours ago, Ryan Thomas said:

Hi @Fnuxale, first of all great plugin and I just uploaded it on my site.  One thing I noticed is that when I try to post a brand new status update, I do not see an option to add an image as an attachment to my new status update.  Is this perhaps a bug that will be fixed in next version?

Thanks for the help.

Seems to be part of the stock status updates widget, as I've used its general structure. I'm already aware, and it will be fixed in the next update :) (option for showing the uploader).

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

Load older updates?  <--- once turned on, it seams it cannot be turned off.

also loading 0 status updates might be a nice option. So we could have only the "whats on your mind bar" to drop in somewhere.

I just turned it off on my site, so it's not the same issue we had with the default Rich Text. Make sure you reload the page before trying to turn it back off, as the JS doesn't update automatically from the Block Manage view.

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

Load older updates?  <--- once turned on, it seams it cannot be turned off.

also loading 0 status updates might be a nice option. So we could have only the "whats on your mind bar" to drop in somewhere.

I'll enable 0 status updates per page for the next update, though I'm not sure yet if multiple blocks of ASU can be used.

Thanks for your inputs :D

Archived