Status Features and Upgrades

eden buganim

May I make a small suggestion ?

When rich text is enabled and there is a status with many lines, you can click "read more" but once expanded you don't have the option to "read less" for lack of a better explanation. You are required to refresh the hide. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sull5 said:

May I make a small suggestion ?

When rich text is enabled and there is a status with many lines, you can click "read more" but once expanded you don't have the option to "read less" for lack of a better explanation. You are required to refresh the hide. 

I get a notification from this thread and it's not about a bug? Yes, you most definitely may make any suggestion that comes to mind :)

I've actually considered creating this option in the past, and now that the plugin has its own custom truncate controller, it might be worth implementing.
I'll try making it for the next version, if not the one after.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, Fnuxale said:

Running through final tests, this should be out within the hour :)

EDIT: New version is out, thanks to everybody who made suggestions or reported issues. Please notice that auto-update doesn't work with 0 status updates per-page.

Appears the bugs have been fixed. Thanks!

On 1/22/2016 at 10:13 PM, Ryan Thomas said:

Works great @Fnuxale but I have a quick question: when I go to reply to an existing status reply in 4.1.7 on the activity stream page it redirects to the person's profile. :(  This is on the activity streams page...it did not used to do this?  Maybe there is a setting that I'm missing?

Does it do the same when the plugin is inactive? I will look into it myself after this weekend.

On 1/22/2016 at 8:57 PM, Stefano Ortiz said:

Add a View more Option :)

View more what? ^^"

On 1/29/2016 at 5:06 PM, Stefano Ortiz said:

instead of showring the whole post add a view more to expand the status

Truncate feature is available:

Under block manager view edit the advanced status updates widget, enable "Default display is rich?" and change "Status height limit" to the number of lines after-which the status becomes truncated.

12 hours ago, Vesemir said:

Thank you, how will I be able to download the new version?

It would've been the same place where you got the previous one ;)

I have upgraded to 4.1.8 and the plugin works and installs fine, so it's not version related. If you don't mind contacting me via pm, I'll try and help you personally.

I found an little issue. Funny to say that the official status widget hat this bug too, a few months ago :D

If you use the widget in topic view and post a new status update this update will be posted to a members profile. In fact it will be posted to the member with the same user ID as the topic ID. Would be nice if you could fix this issue ^o^

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, AlphaCheeto said:

The extended PHP version fixed the issues I had with it, it's now working great! Only minor complaint is that with my theme the buttons below statuses look a little cluttered as they take up 2 lines: https://gyazo.com/9192c1977a11889fbdee10fbf1eaa955

Is their a way to disable editing of status updates? Or maybe move the edit option under the gear icon.

I'm happy to hear that :)

As for your complaint, which is more of a suggestion really, I'll release another update after the weekend which should do the trick. Thanks for your input!

There's a major issue with a feature. When you select a member to show only updates by, it freezes on that member and u can't undo it. So I've been seeing the same statuses from the same person for weeks and it will not let me un do it. I thought it might be just my account but I've had 2 more complaints now.

Archived