Easy Mode Editor

JLS

Yesterday I just finished my final template edits (really only a few modifications to the global file most is css) to integrate IPS in with our existing site design. I wanted to do it myself because honestly the major company I paid to do it last time just sub'd it out and it was a sloppy nightmare for the most part. BUT, this was my first time using media queries etc so it's a downright mess (that's ok since I didn't pay for quality!...LOL) and I'll need to go back and re-do it later but this will get us by for a few days. Since those key modifications were done it was time to check out the rest of the color modifications with the Easy Editor. I was 100% prepared for it to suck. I've purchased a million different instant wyswig type editors like this for websites, wordpress, etc over the past several years and they never work well. I gotta say, you guys did a TERRIFIC job with it. I had most my colors tweaked in a matter of minutes and I didn't have to photoshop up a design first as I was able to try different colors realtime. My experience with it was down right magical when I thought i was going to have to do all the changes via CSS manually expecting the easy editor not to work.

I love that it still allowed me to do it even though I have global template customizations as well and I can go back and tweak whenever i want. 

Maybe this is just a minor to others but this was a HUGE deal for me. Not because I'm not capable of editing things myself but because this was so simple and gave realtime feedback. So great work guys and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated that new feature and especially since it works as advertised and isn't some corny wannabe thing just to be able to market as a feature...

It would be great if you added the mobile bread trail button to it though :)

One question about the Easy Mode Editor - where are the color changes etc written to in the css files? I was hoping that they'd be written to the custom.css, but doesn't look like it is. If it did then it would be a great way to assist people with learning the css framework side of things - change it in the easy mode editor, view the custom.css and then you see exactly which classes etc are modified to achieve that modification.....and you can go from there.

4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

One question about the Easy Mode Editor - where are the color changes etc written to in the css files? I was hoping that they'd be written to the custom.css, but doesn't look like it is. If it did then it would be a great way to assist people with learning the css framework side of things - change it in the easy mode editor, view the custom.css and then you see exactly which classes etc are modified to achieve that modification.....and you can go from there.

The colors you can change are all done as theme settings, so actually, no CSS is written :) You could do the same thing yourself by editing theme settings in the ACP, although you don't get the visual feedback doing it that way.

1 minute ago, Rikki said:

The colors you can change are all done as theme settings, so actually, no CSS is written :) You could do the same thing yourself by editing theme settings in the ACP, although you don't get the visual feedback doing it that way.

I know - just suggesting that it would be a nice way for people to learn how to use custom.css if it did actually write to the custom.css (I've since found where it does write too in the css files)

• 3 months later...

On 28.10.2015 at 4:13 PM, Rikki said:

Hey any idea why its giving me an error when i try to save my theme? it says  "There was a technical problem saving this theme."  What should i do?

Archived