Sidebar Advertisement Widget cannot be reordered

media

I put a advertisement widget on sidebar. I tried to reorder the sidebar advertisement widget, advertisement after certain widget, but it is not showing up on the menu nor on the view,

How can I place that widget wherever I want on sidebar block?

Note: On the sidebar (I want it to show after certain widget)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that when an advertisement shows in the sidebar, it is fixed in position above the rest of the sidebar blocks.

Like you, I'd prefer to reorder the sidebar blocks so there's a "content" block at the top, with an advert underneath. The only way I've been able to achieve this is to bypass the advertisments system, and just create a new custom block with my ad code inside it.

It would be awesome if IPS could change it so advertisements played nicely with the sidebar blocks.

Hi,

you could use the custom advertisement locations for this 

create a custom location, and place the custom location code wherever you want :)
If you have the pages app, you could use a custom block for this.

To use in the Pages application

The tag can be inserted in a page, block or template within the Pages application. Simply insert the tag wherever you want the advertisement to show.

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Hi,

you could use the custom advertisement locations for this

create a custom location, and place the custom location code wherever you want :)

I am not clear about how use custom ad location for this (I know how to create a key and put in html and the location is static) but in this case the ad location has be part of sidebar...

Sidebar other blocks can be reordered - if I add a custom ad location, can it be reordered too?

if I create a {advertisement="KEY"}

Show me where do I need to put this key on the side bar in order to have ability to reorder ad ({advertisement="KEY"}) with the key on the sidebar....

yes guide or tutorial on how and where in what exact files is needed to assist with creating custom locations. 

It is currently way too hard to know how to do this, you need to be some nerdy programmer to know how to do this relatively simple task.

IPS please make this UX a lot simpler for us non-tech people

Archived