A few questions related to BBcode

Brent C

1. Is there still the possibility to define custom BBcode (like in the past) and to edit existing BBcode?
  2. Can the spoiler be edited to allow a title that comes from [ spoiler=title here ] content [ /spoiler ]?
  3. In the past there was the possibility to toggle code/preview view in the editor. In code you would see all the BBcode and in the preview you would see how the BBcode looks, is this feature still available?

I just do an update right now and never thought that this won't be in the new system. I used that a lot in the 3,x Version of my board.

After being in the middle of conversion it seems that all the codes are written static (with the replacement of the text) in the forum and cms which is exactly something which I didn't want.

I spent a lot of work in that area. That's really bad.

6 hours ago, Murmel said:

I just do an update right now and never thought that this won't be in the new system. I used that a lot in the 3,x Version of my board.

After being in the middle of conversion it seems that all the codes are written static (with the replacement of the text) in the forum and cms which is exactly something which I didn't want.

I spent a lot of work in that area. That's really bad.

Yes as far as I can tell, the default "BBcode" is hardcoded into the framework.

It was a perfect tool for generating income.

Example: I defined BBCode and put just a keyword into the posting. I was able to make a full article about this keyword like:

keyword: chair

You want to read more about: chair. Lett's buy a chair. Chair is important. blablabla :-)...... 

Now I still have the article but no chance to switch the links to another affiliate partner :-(.

Archived