Who Can See Reputation Permission?

Netherlord

I know that we can set permission to set who can see reputation on posts and in profile etc but can we make it affect notifications too? Because i have it so only staff can see it to avoid tons and tons of drama caused by people 'Barneys Girlfriend'ing over getting negative repped. And it seems that the notifications still include the person who repped them? Can we make it so it does not display a name in the notification if they dont have permission?

do you mean if I gave this is one star rating you would know that it was me?  :unsure:

not surre what you mean but it does sound like its something of concern maybe

If i click your rep here i can see who repped you and what you repped. I have that disabled for regular members on my forum with permissions. But when someone reps someone they still get a notification with the name of the person who repped them. I wanted to try and get that removed based on the permissions too.

Since my users like to argue and scream and make threads to attack anyone who negative reps them. Children i tellz ya. Would not think they are all grown adults. I thought it best to see about disabling that. I still want the notification. Just the name removed if permissions dont allow them to see rep.

So you mean the "like this" button on my posts... or if you have it set to "not like" with a thumbs down button..  ??  

if people press like we can see a list of names who liked it.  I can understand that list of people who gave it a thumbs down might make things a bit awkward tho..  woops

You can disable notifications for reputation, if that is what you're after: ACP -> Members -> Member Settings -> Notifications

Doesn't that just disable the selection, and if they have it already on, it locks it in the on setting? So this would not work for existing members afaik.

Doesn't that just disable the selection, and if they have it already on, it locks it in the on setting? So this would not work for existing members afaik.

Correct. This would be a good start decision as it would disable moving forward. You would want to alter those who are troublemakers currently by going into their profile and edit it manually.

Correct. This would be a good start decision as it would disable moving forward. You would want to alter those who are troublemakers currently by going into their profile and edit it manually.

Could i alternatively just edit the code somehow to just replace the username variable for that specific notification with the text "Someone" and that will fix my issues with members, since they wont get any names in rep notifications from that point on?

Archived