CHMOD for proper cache function 4.0.12.1

Lab Rats Rule

My cache is totally wonky, and I am wondering if the post install CHMOD values given to me were wrong.  You see my IPS download was missing install directions and support gave me this list:.  They mentioned no recursives either.

The following folders need to be chmod 777
applications
plugins
datastore
uploads
uploads/logs

When I say wonky, they just don't seem to be updating when they should.  Also, My site was down 6 hours all because my site and admin CP needed re-cached.  But the admin CP couldn't re-cache anything because it needed re-cached itself.

Here is a database query to help others that may find this via a search.  This will force a re-cache.

UPDATE `core_tasks` SET `frequency`='P0Y0M0DT1H0M0S', `app`='core' WHERE `key`='clearcache';

We never recommend running any manual queries on your database, I would double check your permissions, it sounds like you have some issues with your hosting/permissions here. You can file a ticket on this as well and we can look at this for you.

Thank you

We never recommend running any manual queries on your database, I would double check your permissions, it sounds like you have some issues with your hosting/permissions here. You can file a ticket on this as well and we can look at this for you.

Thank you

Which permissions should I check on my server?  I run nginx.  I did file a tix, but I am off for the first day in a while and need to fix this.

This setting to fix another crazy issue I think broke things more.  Maybe ....

Trust IP addresses provided by proxies?

So what is the reason for not doing the manual queries?  Just curious. 

Check with your web hosting provider, different configurations of web servers can use different permissions.

Manual queries can go very bad very easy, one typo and bye bye data, there shouldn't ever be a reason a manual query to be ran though. 

Trust IP from a proxy, this is only needed is some rare setups of using proxies, if you are running a standard setup, it's not needed. 

Check with your web hosting provider, different configurations of web servers can use different permissions.

Manual queries can go very bad very easy, one typo and bye bye data, there shouldn't ever be a reason a manual query to be ran though. 

Trust IP from a proxy, this is only needed is some rare setups of using proxies, if you are running a standard setup, it's not needed. 

I am fully managed...  But they did tell me to talk to you. :lol:  Back to them again....  Where is the official nginx setting list for 4.0?  

Is this trust IP from proxy dangerous to run?  Can my server be configured so I don't need to run it again?  

Can anyone here answer what permission issues in my server would be causing this?  

We will need more than just "permission issues" to resolve things. What exactly has permission issues? What folders/files? What is happening to the files permission wise? If you can provide me with more information regarding what is happening we can take a look at things, to see if we can find a solution.

If you are fully managed and they tell you to talk to us, something is wrong there lol  

anyway, it seems we are also working on your ticket too, so let's roll with the ticket from here, thank you again! 

So, my forum is falling to pieces and no one will answer me.  All my support tickets and no one has done a single thing yet in a week!   Down for 6 hours and I ended up fixing it myself and no one even attempted to prevent it from happening again,

You keep blaming my webhost to make yourselves look good here.  And if it is as you say, you tell me exactly what kind of permissions you are talking about,  If you knew what was wrong with my top notch sever, you would say.  You do know that there is another version of IPB running on this same server in production for a year now.  I have 4 GB of dedicated memory etc...  My server is speed lightning without cache.  

Archived