"Mark site as read" redirection

broni

I could probably consider this as a bug but I'll try here first.

After I go through "New content" I click on "Mark site as read".

At this point I'd like to get redirected automatically to my main forum page.

After all it doesn't make sense to me to keep starring at "There's nothing here yet" empty page.

I don't really agree, because it's nice to get visual feedback showing all items being marked as read.

Also, marking everything as read isn't synonymous with "leave this page", and so many people might want to stay on that page, even if they mark everything as read. I feel that sending users to other pages when it's not obvious should be kept to a minimum. :P

YMMV of course.

I could probably consider this as a bug but I'll try here first.

After I go through "New content" I click on "Mark site as read".

At this point I'd like to get redirected automatically to my main forum page.

After all it doesn't make sense to me to keep starring at "There's nothing here yet" empty page.

But that’s just based on your personal preferences and settings. The Mark all Read button can be clicked from any page and also with other settings. Other users never use that “show only unread stuff” mode and keep it at “all results”. They would be rather annoyed if they are taken away to other pages. And which page by the way? The main forum page is not necessarily a logical choice for any site or user. 

I see what's going on.

It does show results like in your screenshot if "Only items I have not read" is NOT checked.

If the above IS checked (like in my case) all you see is a blank page.

Redirection to main page in SUCH case would make sense.

Yes, on this board. The image I just posted is after clicking "Mark all as read" on this board.

Click on ONLY ITEMS I HAVE NOT READ.

They would be rather annoyed if they are taken away to other pages. And which page by the way? The main forum page is not necessarily a logical choice for any site or user. 

Really ? It is like that since IP.Board 1. I don't think they will get annoyed. Anyway, he maint by FORUM index the DEFAULT app. It can be Gallery, Blog or something else.

my habits actually match Broni's,

i support my customers through various sites; for me it is important to just find new messages and visually scan the titles for related products,

once i finish scanning; a redirect to root/or back to search root is desirable in some cases,

i think the logic could be a split; the top "mark as read" will keep you on the page,

i added a custom link to elFooterNavigation area; id like to redirect when i hit that to one of the above mentioned locations; instead of staying on the page,

&nbsp;<a data-action="markSiteRead" data-controller="core.front.core.markRead" href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=markread" seoTemplate="mark_site_as_read" csrf="true"}'><i class='fa fa-check'></i> {lang="mark_site_read"}</a>

what does the redirect needs to reference to get back to root?

Archived