Problem with DEV Mode

steve00

Appear to be having problem with DEV MODE as created a plug in (my first) following this documentation and got it to work but as soon as I change the contants.php file to come out of DEV MODE (or remove it) I am unable to access my forums, just get a 500 error saying temporary technical error

If I replace the constants.php file then forum works

Can someone please advise what I have done wrong as the plug in works in DEV MODE but not otherwise so am assuming there likely something else to do before coming out of DEV MODE ??

You are not supposed to use DEV mode on a site that will be used out of DEV mode really. Things will break.

So how do pugins/hooks work then as if give to someone then do they have to be in DEV mode as well ... sorry but am confused (as said my first attempt at a plugin)

Looks like got to try something else then unless am getting myself all mixed up with things (which is very possible)

When you download the plugin from the dev center it gives you an XML. That is what you install on other installations. Providing the files without the xml is pointless, the plugins screen will not recognize it for installation.

Yes, I understand that so are you saying that once d/loaded the .xml file I then delete the plug in I created then come out of DEV Mode (or remove the contstants.php file), install it and will work without the error was getting ?

Yes, I understand that so are you saying that once d/loaded the .xml file I then delete the plug in I created then come out of DEV Mode (or remove the contstants.php file), install it and will work without the error was getting ?

Correct. You might wish to grab a copy of the plugin /dev/ folder for safekeeping before you delete though, deleting the plugin will off the entire directory.

Correct. You might wish to grab a copy of the plugin /dev/ folder for safekeeping before you delete though, deleting the plugin will off the entire directory.

Thank you ... got that ... seems silly having to delete it and then install it ... weird

Have to have a re-think and try and find another way of doing what I want

Archived