Header Image by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Could something like this be upgraded to rotate header images and/or change header image module?

Different one for Commerce, Calendar, Forums, Pages.... or by Category in Pages?

Yes it's possible, I'll keep the idea in mind. It'll most likely be a separate plugin if I were to build it.

Fantastic Tom.  

I think a lot of people might find a use for that.

I would.

How would you envisage such a plugin being configurable? What would be an intuitive way of selecting different images for different applications? The simplest way I can think of is just an upload field which simply assigns the uploaded images according to the order you have the applications setup in the ACP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/13/2015 at 7:33 AM, motomac said:

I found a bug: if image file has parentheses like "my_background_(cool).jpg", it is not displayed. 

On 12/13/2015 at 1:56 PM, mesteele101 said:

I'd like to fix this one...

Fix: DON'T WRAP THE NAME IN PARENTHESES :thumbsup:

Sounds like an issue with the core software. This plugin simply utilizes functionality that is provided out of the box. If it's that much of an issue for you, I suggest creating a bug report with IPS, if not, simply rename it like @mesteele101 suggests :)

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue with my SSL & the header background image not having the S on the end of it, so I need to edit the image link from HTTP to HTTPS and can't seem to find it anywhere in the CSS - can you please pinpoint where the URL is placed within the them code so I can manually add the S so my SSL is working 100%?

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, TheGreyWizard said:

I'm having an issue with my SSL & the header background image not having the S on the end of it, so I need to edit the image link from HTTP to HTTPS and can't seem to find it anywhere in the CSS - can you please pinpoint where the URL is placed within the them code so I can manually add the S so my SSL is working 100%?

Thank you.

This plugin uses the default IPS framework image upload feature. Your issue is likely unrelated to the plugin and more with your installation settings.

IPS says it's the plugin - and as far as the installation everything seems to be working properly - I just need to add an S onto the end of the HTTP so that my website has full SSL encryption.  I can not seem to find it within the code to manually edit and hoping someone could help me pin point it's exact location within the CSS so that I can manually add the S.

I also vote for rotating header banner.

If possible with simple fadein/fadeout effect and an option to link each banner/background picture.

And if the image behaves responsive and always shows with full width - on desktop as well as on mobile - I could create big and beautiful ad banners with massive marketing impact.

16 hours ago, TheGreyWizard said:

IPS says it's the plugin - and as far as the installation everything seems to be working properly - I just need to add an S onto the end of the HTTP so that my website has full SSL encryption.  I can not seem to find it within the code to manually edit and hoping someone could help me pin point it's exact location within the CSS so that I can manually add the S.

The support staff will send you a canned response saying "it's not their fault" if the issue involves ANY third-party theme or plugin. As I said, this plugin is incredibly simple and only uses default framework code provided to me by them. No protocols are being forced in the code. See for yourself :) 

<style>
#ipsLayout_header header {
  background-color: {setting="ipsthemesHeaderImage_color"};
  background-image: url({file="\IPS\Settings::i()->ipsthemesHeaderImage_image" extension="core_Theme"});
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: {setting="ipsthemesHeaderImage_position"};
  background-size: cover;
  {{if \IPS\Settings::i()->ipsthemesHeaderImage_fixed}}
  	background-attachment: fixed;
  {{endif}}
}
</style>

If you want a temp workaround, just delete the plugin and add the above code to your site's CSS with a few edits:

#ipsLayout_header header {
  background-color: #fff;
  background-image: url(https://urltomyimage.jpg);
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: top;
  background-size: cover;
}
9 hours ago, Cyboman said:

I also vote for rotating header banner.

If possible with simple fadein/fadeout effect and an option to link each banner/background picture.

And if the image behaves responsive and always shows with full width - on desktop as well as on mobile - I could create big and beautiful ad banners with massive marketing impact.

I don't really have the time for this but might consider it as a premium plugin. Is this the kind of product you and others would be interested in paying for?

Of course I'm willing to pay for a stable and beautiful solution.

If I create marketing banners with full header size, nobody would get around these informations. Massive marketing impact. Maybe with an option to only show on the main site or in intervals, so it won't penetrate the forum experience.

But it must be guaranteed, that the clickable marketing header banners display resized to your resolution width (responsive), so text informations on the banners don't get cropped or obscured by other forum elements, f.e. on tablets or smartphones.

27 minutes ago, TheGreyWizard said:

Ok but can you help pinpoint exactly where in the code/CSS the image link is being imputed?  I can not find it and need to add an S manually to the HTTP to fix my SSL.

OhioCannabis.com

Thank you.

No, I can't pinpoint this as I don't control it or know where it's generated. It's IPS framework code. 

Archived