After upgrade to 4.0

Trevor Carey

Did the upgrade finish or errors encountered? This is not right. I would suggest starting over and ensuring that you have a working copy on 3.4.x prior to moving forward. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I've lodged a support ticket. Could someone take a look at the ticket please and get back to me?

The upgrade finished and gave no errors at the completion of it.

I've lodged a support ticket. Could someone take a look at the ticket please and get back to me?

The upgrade finished and gave no errors at the completion of it.

I will attempt the upgrade again.

I get the following message on Server Details now in my attempt to try the installation again.

"There is already an IPS Community Suite installation in that database. Choose a different database or use a table prefix."

Ok, I put in a prefix of "1" and got to the completion of the installation again.

Exact same outcome as the first post above but it is a bit cleaner. Still no sign of my users, posts, etc transferred over from my database?

Could someone look at this please?

install3.jpg

did you run as an upgrade or an install?  I did the install and found the same problem, when I did the upgrade it used to current DB and modified it to new format and aligned with current version of IPB 4

As an install. 

I cleared all the newly installed tables and have the old tables there now.

Unfortunately they're not in UTF8 format and my DB is around 1.6GB so the invision script that they provide is failing at around 31%.

Anyone have any tips or a step-by-step on how to do this? My host doesn't have SSH or command line access unfortunately. 

Archived