Duplicated Emails for Users

Aldro

Hey! So I have a root account and one I will want to use aside from that for posting and such. I am aware that there is no possibility to use one email for two accounts however I was wondering if its possible that this gets added in the future? I have my email linked to my cellphone and it is difficult to recieve notifications about registrations as well as personal messages without having the same email.

Hey! So I have a root account and one I will want to use aside from that for posting and such. I am aware that there is no possibility to use one email for two accounts however I was wondering if its possible that this gets added in the future? I have my email linked to my cellphone and it is difficult to recieve notifications about registrations as well as personal messages without having the same email.

​.

Maybe your email server has a forwarder .. send to 1 and then forward to multi .. or different config .. just for a temporary solution ..

If you are using gmail then make use of the ability to add something to your email address - example:

myemailaddress@gmail.com

myemailaddress+support@gmail.com

myemailaddress+testing@gmail.com

myemailaddress+banana@gmail.com

All the above will be delivered to the same account, and are all different ;)

There are plenty of ways to get multiple email addresses to 1 inbox. I use at least 5 email addresses and they are all routed through 1 Gmail inbox so I receive them all on my phone and can reply as those 5 different email addresses too.

Sadly the two emails I use arent Gmail, one is Hotmail and the other is from my University so I dont think I can link them but I guess I will look more into it.

Ideally it would've been great if we could have duplicate emails for that reason. Cant one create a plugin to allow it?

Archived