Why is this global and not per forum, per area of content?

chilihead

Tagging Mode

Open: Users can use whatever tags they like

Closed: Users must choose from a specified set of tags

So we have to choose open or closed system globally? I have some forums I want pre-defined tags in and others I want users to enter their own.

Also the limitations should not be global either. The required numbers of tags, etc. This makes no sense unless I am missing something. 

If I did a closed system what would happen to all the open tags people have already posted?

Haven't upgraded yet but can't use the tag system until this is addressed, and we can do open and closed and not have to choose one globally. 

• 1 month later...

Tagging Mode

Open: Users can use whatever tags they like

Closed: Users must choose from a specified set of tags

So we have to choose open or closed system globally? I have some forums I want pre-defined tags in and others I want users to enter their own.

Also the limitations should not be global either. The required numbers of tags, etc. This makes no sense unless I am missing something. 

​Agree, it should be a per-forum setting.  If you have the closed system applied to a forum then you should be able to set individual tags to that forum.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2016 at 7:42 AM, mrenkema said:

Is this enhancement on list to do?

I hope so but if not, just go for the app, it will do everything you want and need, and it uses the system's tags so if you ever need to remove the app or it stops being supported, the tags still exist as they were intended.

Archived