About the apps and the upgrade to 4.03

Hello,

Everybody speak about the 4.03, but what does it means exactly ? Are you speaking about the board, or about the apps ?

In my case, I don't use the board. I use IP.content, the gallery, the blogs and IP.download. May be these apps are not already adapted to the 4.03 ?

So, what happens if I do the upgrade right now, not only for the board but for all the community suite (except nexus) ?

Regards

All the apps are updated at the same time to avoid the potential confusion previously (where we had say board 347 and content 246 etc) , so regardless of which apps you're using if you head over to the Client Area you should see the latest versions of all of them with the same number.

In other words there should not really be a situation where you have say core 401 and gallery 402 etc.

Well, it's pretty ridiculous, but I don't remember how to do the upgrade...

I mean, I upload the files of course, but do I need to edit something before in init.php of conf_global.php , for instance ?

**edit**

well, according to this page, I don't have anything to do except to upload the files. http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/getting-started/install-and-upgrade-r8/

Better go first to v3.4.7

First at all backup your database, and if it is possible also your files!!!

Then you have to upload files and run mysite.com/admin/upgrade/index.php and then follow the instructions and give the information and you will have v3.4.7 installed...

Archived