RC6 details?

community2004

Hi guys,

I must be being totally thick - but where on earth is there a changes log to see what has changed between RC5 > RC6.. infact I haven't seen one in any place at all - not in the admin panel, not in the zip download.. not pinned in here.. please tell me it's somewhere else obvious..

Cheers!

I'm sorry for the trouble here, however we don't currently provide change logs, the difference between RC5 and RC6 are simply bug fixes, IPS4 is pretty much feature frozen at this time and each release up to final will be bug fixes.

I'm not sure I follow you, there are discussions on better handling of followers converted from friends during the upgrade, however that's all I'm aware of.

​I think he means, for some people(not myself), there are features that have been changed or poorly implemented that they were hoping would be fixed to their liking or added in from 3.4 in the upcoming IPB4, so now they are essentially 'frozen' out until at least 4.1

I'm sorry for the trouble here, however we don't currently provide change logs, the difference between RC5 and RC6 are simply bug fixes, IPS4 is pretty much feature frozen at this time and each release up to final will be bug fixes.

​Hi Rhett,

Thanks for the reply and whilst I appreciate your feedback, what would be handy to know would be if certain things had been fixed or addressed in the next RC?

For example - I think I was on RC4 and it had the bug that sent me an email every time asking for me to approve a thread (even though that was turned off) and it would be good to see that that had been addressed.

Before you all jump down my throat, I am sure I could wade through a bug tracker looking to see what had been fixed and such but I have never come across any software before that doesn't have a "changelog" -somewhere- even if it's brief! I appreciate your hard work on IPS4 and look forward to the final version :)

Cheers!

I wish there was a change log too, it would be useful to test that the fixes have been implemented in a way that works on our sites, but if we don't know what's been fixed we can't test it.

For what it's worth, the email notification error was fixed in either rc5 or rc5a. I think it was the former.

Archived