Don't get email notification on this board

Gnuru

I experience the same. No emails at all. In addition, when someone responds to a post which triggers alerts, it takes at least several minutes if not longer to see the alert.

But regarding the emails. I noticed that I had checked email notification for "new content for things I follow" was checked but not "someone comments on things I follow" - that may be confusing to discern. I made a change and will see if I get emails.

ok, that's the point: someone comments on things I follow will send emails if there is a reply to my posts... thank you.

It would probably be better to see a consistency in the words comment (in the notification panel) and replies (beneath a post).

Nope.... No notification in email about @Gnuru's reply and no red notification above in the header about it either.

Note - I have notification on in this thread/topic, I have email and notification for someone commenting in a thread that I "follow" in notifications, I confirm that it's in this topic is in my "follow" list too but it's just not working. Nope... I guess the notification email for the topics wasn't saved when I hit save. So while I "follow" content, the notifications setting doesn't generate any messages for replies. Don't know how that happened. Will wait to see someone reply to me and whether it works.

Honestly, the friends and notifications system was much easier. You've got a follow tag on taop and a notifications mark at the bottom. Very confusing all around.

PS - And how do I stop the "uploaded images from appearing in topics like this one below. Can make you crazy having large images stay in the "insert other media" area only to dump themselves into replies like this...

Now I am getting notices. See my UI issue elsewhere about how these green on and off switches are saved in some areas automatically and in others (notification settings) not at all unless an out of view save button is seen. Not sure why some topics are sending notices but not others but at least I received my first notice.

Archived