Anyone can solve my attachments problem?

~sullengirl~

Guys,

when I upgraded to RC, 90% of attachments on my board were not inserted correctly into posts. All attachments are still there, only the link to them is wrong. Can download them normally through ACP

I did open a ticket 15 days ago, but it is too slow.

If somebody can solve this, I'll pay :)

Have the rebuild processes finished?

​I have finished all rebuild processes. 

Cannot find any rule in this, seems only like older attachments are correctly inserted, seems like images are inserted but pdfs aren't, but can't establish that for certain.

In ACP, for example:

Capture_d’écran_2015-03-08_à_09.03.5

if I click on this direct link, I can download it. If I click on little magnifier on the right, I can't.

I have the same issue and have failed to find a way to fix it so far (I've fixed a lot of things like emoticons, quotes/bbcode inline stuff that doesn't work). I have the same thing where I can locate the attachment within the ACP but it doesn't get called by the post.

The old style of referencing is completely different :

[attachment=10907:IMG_0361.JPG]

[attachment=10908:IMG_0362.JPG]

[attachment=10909:IMG_0363.JPG]

[attachment=10910:IMG_0364.JPG]

[attachment=10911:IMG_0365.JPG]

[attachment=10912:IMG_0366.JPG]

If you look at the new attachment style (i.e. when you attach an image to a post on 4.0), the code references an attachment number, but also has the image location as part of it. Can't think of any way to do a mass convert on this, but maybe someone with a better knowledge of IPB can write a script that is able to rewrite these attachment lines in the new style, pointing to the correct images.

Good, I am not alone. Hope we can fix this somehow, because if not, I might as well shut my board down, certainly don't have the time to reinsert so many attachments.

This problem persist if I try to run upgrader on test installation from 3.4 database backup too, but it does not show as an error during upgrade. 

Dumb question but why are some of you diving in an upgrading live forums when the final release version isn't out yet? There's bound to be a few issues. Those of us who have been around a bit longer and or run larger forums wait until at least the .02 or .03 version is out before contemplating upgrading.

Dumb question but why are some of you diving in an upgrading live forums when the final release version isn't out yet? There's bound to be a few issues. Those of us who have been around a bit longer and or run larger forums wait until at least the .02 or .03 version is out before contemplating upgrading.

​To answer your question, in my case, I am kicking off a site that converted over from phpbb. I would rather just transition my community to the new IP4 than to get all set up on 3.4.7 only to have to convert again in a month or two. I don't want to put my community through so much shock. 

I have another site running SMF that I will likely convert to IP4 as well, that is, if I can get my first situation under control. 

Not sure if your question was rhetorical or not but there is my answer if that helps :) 

Anyway, it's we the crazy, early adopters who battle through discovering all the errors so that you may enjoy your clean, .02 version :)

Well, I liked IPB4, plus, I made a backup. I guess I thought I can revert to that backup if something goes wrong, would have, but took me a week to notice trouble, think it is too late now. Waited till RC, since it is supported, did not run into beta.

Worse case scenario, I could lose a month of data, if it gets resolved within a month :D

It is not my fault they made IPB4 look so good and my sorry ass could wait only for RC.

​I test and upgrade if I feel it's stable enough for my community. I don't believe the problems for converting content over from older boards is likely to be any different at final. My board is old (12 years) but it's local and not huge, it's also under decline like a lot of forums are so giving it a facelift might help somewhat. 

I'm the same when it comes to my iPhone and Macs - I jump in way, way earlier than a 4th release candidate with no real issues.

Archived