Can IP4 ... ?

SJ77

Is there a way to set up the new commerce + downloads app to allow forum users to upload their own specific digital content for sale and I (forum admin) get a cut for each download they sell?

Can users set up their own personal  store front? like a Clips 4 sale store..

• Management

Is there a way to set up the new commerce + downloads app to allow forum users to upload their own specific digital content for sale and I (forum admin) get a cut for each download they sell?

Can users set up their own personal  store front? like a Clips 4 sale store..

​Yes. This is exactly what the IPS Marketplace does.

second question, Can I still set up custom profile fields for user profiles in IPB4?

​Yes: AdminCP -> Members -> Profiles

Had no idea IPS could do that. That's pretty nice.

So to build off what @superj707 is talking about, as the owner of the website (not the marketplace) can they set a percentage of income we take off the top or a flat fee? (e.x. superj707 owns the website and Adriano Faria has a "store" on said site, Adriano Faria would then have to pay x% or $x of their income off each purchase to superj707)

You can get to that page from the user's profile under Activity or by visiting any file they have and clicking the link to view author's other files.

​would be great to feature a link on the users main profile "Adriano Faria's Store", to make it a little more accessible. I think this ability is one thing that sets IP far ahead of the competition and it would be great to highlight it. Although, if the user doesn't have any files for download the store link should not show on main profile.

• Management

Not to hijack, but a question on similar lines. Can Commerce be used for physical goods in the same way as above?

Yeah you can blue9 :) 

​You can as the site owner but I assume @blue9 is wanting the members to list their own products for sale. You cannot do that right now but you may want to read the entry on Physical Products Marketplace.

Archived