Copy and Paste

b0re

Hello,

Not sure if this is IPB4 thing.

I had a lot of uses of IPB4 telling me that they do not like the way the text editor works for paste.

If you copy some text from a website and then past in to IPB4 it keeps all the styles, images and links.

The 2 forums we have used so far Vanilla and PHPBB on past just give you the raw data in the text editor.

Is there a way to just get the raw data without the styles, images and links?

Thanks

When setting up your toolbar in the ACP, you can drag the "cogwheel" into it. That has the option of pasting using plain text by checking a box, which will save your option. Other than that, you can hold Ctrl + Shift + V to paste in plain text.

Assuming it's the same as previous versions:

Add this line to ips_config.js to force all pastes to plain text.

config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

right below this:

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{

that file is in /public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor

There is a setting that allows them to change the default behavior. All you need to do is simply make sure the Preferences button is in the editor toolbar.

Once that is set in the toolbar, users can click it which will give them the option to disable retaining styling when copy and pasting.

​That's not really friendly for the average user… Any way to make it as default?

Thanks,

I know this.

I want it defaulted off. 

New user copy and past and do not know about this button.  You end up with a post someone has copied with 20-30 links in.  

Also how do i remove the double spaces between the text.

Thanks

Archived