Social Networks login

opentype

Do you guys can set up the social media logins for your 4.0 site?

I both get rejections in the ACP when setting up Google and Twitter. I followed the instructions and I don’t think I screwed it up twice. 

Are there any special server requirements for making the API calls? What else could cause problems? Can the site still be hidden behind htaccess protection?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, twitter works, somehow at sign up it did ask you to enter your email address once you agreed to authorized the API to retrieve your info. Should this done automatically by the API without asking user to enter again? I don't recall login via facebook asks you to do that? May be I overlook some configuration in twitter API or it is designed that way? Will check to see my own API calls requires that! Do need google+ API working though? Hope this will be fixed soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated: I fixed the error message by  removing the www in the google redirect uri field.

Still when sign in via google+, it brings me back to the home page but still not logged in???

Any pointer? Look at errors logs, there is none!

More updated:

Figured out that I had an index.html which has a redirect preventing the call to terminate. Deleting it, now when I logged in, I have an EX1048 error. It says something about dname_previous can't be null. How to fix this? Below is the trace :

more latest_sql.cgi
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 04:28:37 +0000 (Severity: 0)
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - http://site.com/index.php?/login/&loginProcess=google&sta
te=#############################&code=#############################
#############################
Column 'dname_previous' cannot be null
INSERT INTO `ipb_core_dnames_change` ( `dname_member_id`, `dname_date`, `dname_i
p_address`, `dname_previous`, `dname_current`, `dname_discount` ) VALUES ( ?, ?,
 ?, NULL, ?, ? )
Array
(
    [0] => ##
    [1] => ##########
    [2] => xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    [3] =>
    [4] => GmailUser
    [5] =>
)

| File                                                                       |
Function                                                                      |
Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          |
[IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               |
394               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
------------------'
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          |
[IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       |
608               |
------------------'
 | /system/Member/Member.php                                                  |
[IPS\_Db].insert                                                              |
338               |
------------------'
 | /applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/ProfileSyncAbstract.php             |
[IPS\_Member].save                                                            |
239               |
------------------'
 | /system/Login/Google.php                                                   |
[IPS\core\ProfileSync\_ProfileSyncAbstract].sync                              |
146               |
------------------'
 | /system/Login/Login.php                                                    |
[IPS\Login\_Google].authenticate                                              |
313               |
------------------'
 | /applications/core/modules/front/system/login.php                          |
[IPS\_Login].authenticate                                                     |
46                |
------------------'
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          |
[IPS\core\modules\front\system\_login].manage                                 |
94                |
------------------'
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          |
[IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          |
129               |
------------------'
 | /index.php                                                                 |
[IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         |
13                |
------------------'
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick question - How hard are these sign in methods to implement? I'm thinking of setting up a forum, but would need Github as a sign in option. :)

That's a difficult question to answer... any custom ones like Github you'd need to code yourself, but could follow the examples of the others. They're quite straightforward for a competent PHP developer.

Archived