Messed up a little bit... again

So. Downloaded that thing to prepare for IPB4, and it told me I should upgrade mysql. So I tried. Followed all the instructions, I swear. It did not end well, had to reinstall mysql completely, but I think it is done now, the only thing is - board is not working yet, driver error thingie.

After 6 hours of search, I remembered there was an error log in that cache folder, and it said this:

Error: 1045 - Access denied for user '‘da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I did set up a user "da_admin" through ssh when I was installing that monster, and set password for it, but user before for forum was "admin_forum". So changed that in conf_global.php, from "admin_forum" to "da_admin", still does not work.

Any ideas what I should do?

Make it work guys, can't look at it anymore :cry:

You shouldn't be using da_admin, that is a default direct admin account, so I'm guessing here you are using direct admin here? If so you should be creating the database and use from the control panel... please clarify if you are using da?

Thank you for your answer!

Yes, yes, that is DirectAdmin user...

Found this now (can't put screenshot), it is in phpmyadmin when I click "users" - this yes/no column is for "grant":

admin_forum localhost Yes USAGE No
da_admin localhost Yes ALL PRIVILEGES Yes

Is that what I need to change? Put user back in conf_global to admin_forum and grant it access somehow?

You seem to upgrade MySQL however you seem to miss upgrading your php5-mysql

If you are on centos

yum list php-mysql*

should give you clear information on how to proceed further.

Thank you for replying!

Yes, it is Centos 6.5. Did that what you said, gave me this:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.arvixe.com
 * extras: mirror.ubiquityservers.com
 * updates: mirror.wiredtree.com
 * webtatic: us-east.repo.webtatic.com
base                                                     | 3.7 kB     00:00     
extras                                                   | 3.4 kB     00:00     
mysql-connectors-community                               | 2.5 kB     00:00     
mysql-tools-community                                    | 2.5 kB     00:00     
mysql56-community                                        | 2.5 kB     00:00     
updates                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00     
webtatic                                                 | 3.6 kB     00:00     
Error: No matching Packages to list

So, nothing, it can't find it :sad:

Edit: these are the repos I have enabled, says somewhere on the internet to check that:

repo id                          repo name                              status
base                             CentOS-6 - Base                        6,281+86
extras                           CentOS-6 - Extras                            14
mysql-connectors-community       MySQL Connectors Community                  0+8
mysql-tools-community            MySQL Tools Community                       0+9
mysql56-community                MySQL 5.6 Community Server                 0+61
updates                          CentOS-6 - Updates                       970+58
webtatic                         Webtatic Repository EL6 - x86_64          29+81
repolist: 7,294

[root@perpetuum-lab ~]# yum list php5-mysql*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.arvixe.com
 * extras: mirror.ubiquityservers.com
 * updates: mirror.wiredtree.com
 * webtatic: us-east.repo.webtatic.com
Error: No matching Packages to list

unfortunately, same output...

this is using da and custombuild 2 so may been to do sql/php builds from custombuild.

This I have to Google :D

As mentioned above, you should only use custombuild to upgrade mysql/php etc with DA, if you need help with this, please check the custom build section on the DA forums for help, there are step by step guides which are easy to follow.

Updating these items outside of DA can cause other issues though.

Archived