Typo in Forum App

Mur

Alright, this is probably one of the most useless, I repeat useless feedback topics, and is a 4 second fix (literally) but It bothers me none-the-less.

root/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/extras/stats.php

Line 308

/* Work out who our super mods / mods aer */

Should be

/* Work out who our super mods / mods are */

I know. I'm an asshat. :rofl:

It's on a comment of all things, which makes it that much more of a non-issue. But it exists.

Needless to say I've since correct the issue and my sanity is once again restored.

GrammarNazi++;

Edit - Friend pointed out yet another redundancy. This typo probably wouldn't even exist in 4.0 considered I'd assume it's been re-written. Soooo yeh. :drool:

I think you were very bored this Sunday, isn't it? :D

Surprisingly no :p Needed to fish through some of the files to have pages loading right out of templates, rather than using a pages application. Came across this and had to mention it :p

it's just a remark statement, which doesn't impact the code. I wouldn't worry about it. :tongue: Just used to explain different section of code and what they do.

I'm aware. It is commented out, which makes it rather redundant and of no major issue at all. But I am a grammar nazi so it had to be mentioned.

It's not redundant because there are different levels of IPS licenses customers who have different skill levels. Those comments are designed to explain to each IPS client exactly what that section of code is for. Just because you know what it is doesn't mean everyone will. It helps novice coders out and explains to them what that section of code is used for.

You should write a program that goes through all of the IP.Board core files and strips out all the code and leaves just the comments...

That would be one heck of a fun book to read because you'll find easter eggs on about every other page...

You should write a program that goes through all of the IP.Board core files and strips out all the code and leaves just the comments...

That would be one heck of a fun book to read because you'll find easter eggs on about every other page...

I'd read this.

It's not redundant because there are different levels of IPS licenses customers who have different skill levels. Those comments are designed to explain to each IPS client exactly what that section of code is for. Just because you know what it is doesn't mean everyone will. It helps novice coders out and explains to them what that section of code is used for.

I'm not saying the comments are redundant, I heavily comment my code. I am saying it's redundant that I'm at all concerned about a typo. Because it could be literally anything and it wouldn't make a different within the commented-out section.

I still think this is one of my favourites when it comes to easter eggs.

u2SOHMq.png

Archived