IPB 4 Non return members and dead emails management

.Nuno.

Hi,

Are there any plans to deal with non return members and users with disabled email accounts?

Since our communities send large volume of emails there should be a way to deactivate these accounts automatically for members with dead email addresses and members that don't visit the forum for a period of time.

This will ensure you have a clean domain, otherwise you will face problems with providers like gmail, hotmail or yahoo because you cant stop sending email to non existing accounts.

Thanks

If you use Mandrill, you can create a web hook to do this.

If you do not use Mandrill, there is a modification in the marketplace that does this IIRC. The main problem is it requires doing things at the server level that some users do not have access to do.

If you use Mandrill, you can create a web hook to do this.

If you do not use Mandrill, there is a modification in the marketplace that does this IIRC. The main problem is it requires doing things at the server level that some users do not have access to do.

Hi,

Thanks for you response. I use Mandrill and Mailgun for this and I know there is a mod for this too, but I don't want to rely in 3th party apps to something so important like this.

I would like this to be part of the core and If the user don't know how to pipe an email, maybe they don't need this but at least the ones who know have the opportunity to configure it.

At least, there should be an API call we could invoke or a database field we could use to turn off mailing to the user easily.

Please think about it.

Thanks for listening.

Archived