Suggestion - Recheck members against IPS Spam Service

ZackL

I posted a question over in the Client Lounge, but got told to re-post here since it's not currently a feature. :)

Anyway, the idea stems from having my community license inactive for a while. The suggestion would be to allow administrators to force a recheck of all members (batch-processed perhaps for larger boards) against the IPS spam service.

I realize this probably is a niche request though. Maybe someone else has a less-niche idea to attach to this idea? :)

Zack

I agree with your suggestion, it would be a great feature! There are many cases for this, if your license expires and you have a week or so of signups you would like to check while the spam service was not active, a big one is converting from other software, where there are thousands of spammers already signed up etc.

I agree with your suggestion, it would be a great feature! There are many cases for this, if your license expires and you have a week or so of signups you would like to check while the spam service was not active, a big one is converting from other software, where there are thousands of spammers already signed up etc.

Can hooks/applications be programmed to utilize the anti-spam service?

I'd imagine not, since a poorly programmed hook might end up flooding the spam service with hundreds of requests per second, among other forms of abuse. (Like setting up a public front-end API and trying to sell the service at a discount to others, heh)

Archived