Feature request for 4.0.x line

RPG-support

Very good idea!

A similar thing that Facebook does: when you paste a link (topic, blog entry, member profile…), it collects some information (page title, page description…), and presents it in a friendly manner, rather than just a link, which is not very informative.

I would love that <3

• 2 weeks later...

I want the feature of adding forum posts like the media. Like it is already working for calendar. Here is the example how it should work for the forums' posts:

haIBT.jpg

Very good idea!

A similar thing that Facebook does: when you paste a link (topic, blog entry, member profile…), it collects some information (page title, page description…), and presents it in a friendly manner, rather than just a link, which is not very informative.

I would love that <3

I like that suggestion, it would be very cool, just put a link to a topic or user profile in the post, and he showed information such as FaceBook.
The IPB could even provide your own pattern for this to work among all the forums that use IPB.
Another point is that the IPB could now include by default integration with OpenGraph, Google+ and TwitterCards, so when a link was posted in the forum FaceBook or Twitter or Google+, he showed the post format for social networking, something like:
screenshot-1.png?r=777231
Facebook OpenGraph
--
screenshot-3.png?r=777231
Google+
screenshot-12.png?r=777231
TwitterCard

• 2 months later...

Very good idea!

I would love that <3

Terrible idea because forums are not facebook. Forum posts hold way more data then facebook simple messages.

What will happen if the post has 10+ links , do you want system to gather every data of those links. It will slow down posting time.

The only thing i want to see is internal/external urls will retrieve title

I like the idea of more information being displayed from posting links. As an administrator, I'd feel more informed without leaving the page if the link showed information like that, not just a random "http://......." that I don't know what's on the other side of.

The trick would be to make it look purely Invision, not feeding off the look of Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. Maybe just change the way it's presented to make it look more original. But it does seem helpful and another interesting add to forum software in my opinion.

In terms of speed, that may become a problem. But I guess you could also put a limitation on how many links are posted within a post, signature, etc.?

Like the idea, may need some redesigning to stand out from the rest, and figure out page speed problem as said above.

Archived