reducing rows of some ipb tables

Hello, for a long time i had due to convert my board to UTF-8, right now with MySQL data inside an SSD took >200mins, what i need/want to do is to truncate some big tables which i could not need, im posting here to ask which ones would you empty since im not sure about the user or impact of some tables being emptied

right now i have something like this:

ipb_reputation_totals ~958,917
ipb_reputation_cache ~520,415
ipb_forums_archive_posts 404,908
ipb_profile_portal_views 386,432
ipb_conv_link ~371,834
ipb_nexus_customers 357,627
ipb_pfields_content 350,084
ipb_profile_portal ~332,298
ipb_reputation_index 165,345
ipb_core_item_markers ~153,981
ipb_inline_notifications ~131,173
ipb_message_topic_user_map 87,599
ipb_content_cache_posts ~76,690
ipb_core_like 75,442
ipb_core_like_cache 64,847
ipb_core_tags 58,013
ipb_chat_log_archive ~54,994
ipb_core_tags_cache 53,500
ipb_nexus_customer_history 51,062
ipb_core_sys_lang_words 47,066
ipb_message_topics 44,750
ipb_search_sessions 42,546
ipb_attachments 32,501
ipb_twitter_connect 23,490
ipb_ipb_reputation_cache ~21,241
ipb_core_tags_perms 20,655

in bold are the ones i WOULD/THINK i can truncate

underlined, are the ones i have no idea

Caches I clear every few (4 or 5) days from the ACP, and empty the caches which can be emptied from the ACP - that helps a lot (360K posts cached after 2 days :D).

I don't understand why the search sessions are stored for eternity either - I accidentally cleared it once, and nobody even noticed :D.

I'd suggest you make a backup,truncate those caches, and see what happens next - restore them if necessary.

I do not know what those ipb_conv_links are, but maybe someone else can help you with those.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Caches I clear every few (4 or 5) days from the ACP, and empty the caches which can be emptied from the ACP - that helps a lot (360K posts cached after 2 days :D).

I don't understand why the search sessions are stored for eternity either - I accidentally cleared it once, and nobody even noticed :D.

I'd suggest you make a backup,truncate those caches, and see what happens next - restore them if necessary.

I do not know what those ipb_conv_links are, but maybe someone else can help you with those.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

thanks!

i think the conv tables are related to ipb converter and SEO related functions, like redireting URLs from previous board soft to IPB URLs, i think its safe for me to delete them, since i made the change like two years ago

hi Luis

the next version of IPB 4.x.x will have he conversion to UTF-8 into the upgrade pack.
I am pretty sure of that. The IPB staff announce that option I can't find the thread now

Thanks, but for what i know there is no release date yet, yet the upgrade would take a few ours to run then?

Archived