reply limitation for certain forum and Custom fields

Ehsan1111

hi everybody,

i have searched a lot but couldn't find any solution or modification in ip.board. So the following proposals could be innovative ideas.

1.there must be a way to set limitation for a specific user group at specific forums for topics' reply.
2. Like the custom fields in the WordPress, we should design a field for a forum which users must have to fill it up and after publishing their topics, that values appear in topic.
sorry for my bad English...

1.there must be a way to set limitation for a specific user group at specific forums for topics' reply.

Can you clarify on this a bit? If you're wanting users to not be able to reply to topics, you can set this in the forum permissions. (Forums -> Manage Forums -> [your forum] -> Permissions -> Uncheck "Reply Topics" for the group(s) in question)

2. Like the custom fields in the WordPress, we should design a field for a forum which users must have to fill it up and after publishing their topics, that values appear in topic.
You can also do this by default, under "Custom Profile Fields". (Members -> Custom Profile Fields) As far as publishing the values, you can edit the skin to show in their user info (the stuff on the left side of this topic, under my name)

Can you clarify on this a bit? If you're wanting users to not be able to reply to topics, you can set this in the forum permissions. (Forums -> Manage Forums -> [your forum] -> Permissions -> Uncheck "Reply Topics" for the group(s) in question)

You can also do this by default, under "Custom Profile Fields". (Members -> Custom Profile Fields) As far as publishing the values, you can edit the skin to show in their user info (the stuff on the left side of this topic, under my name)

thanks for replying but i'm not an amateur :)

1. no, i want a group of members to just be able to reply to topics for determined number, for example max 10 reply in forum1 for each topic and 20 reply in forum2.

2. i mean a custom field for topics where member start a new topic and that value shown in their topics not in member user info.

hi everybody,

i have searched a lot but couldn't find any solution or modification in ip.board. So the following proposals could be innovative ideas.

The limitation, would you like it to be time framed or in general?

Archived