Best Answer - Community option

DesignzShop

I like this feature, it just seems to me when someone is making a post and needs an answer/input from the community maybe they are looking for the best answer from the community :) If someone's posting to ask a question or get advice chances are they don't know the best answer either imo.

Regards

Maybe add a button under the Like button thats says Helpful. Then if someone found it helpful, it would say "2 members found this post helpful"

That feels like duplication. Why not just change "Like" to "Helpful" in the language packs? (It is possible)

Not too crazy about the whole idea. There is "Like" and there's "Best Answer". Adding anything more to that would just make things more confusing and complicated..

I think it would be more confusing to the end user that doesn't know the best answer and is looking for guidance from the community. Threads consist of usually two types of posts, people asking questions and people making statements. For example our forum deals with drummers, most of our forums deal with question and answer, technical support... Most of the time when these guys make a post it's a question and they're looking for the right answer and obviously do not know it. The collaboration of community members deciding which is the best answer is really the only way the thread creator would have a clue which may be the best answer for them. Likes are totally different than right answer. Dividing the right answer option and renaming likes would only serve to confuse the end user more imo. Just my cents anyhow

There's also noting complicated about having the choice to either let the community decide the answer or the end user. It's how it's used from the get go or introduced. I'm not talking about leaving both options on the table for the end user, this is a option to go one way or the other I'm referring too...

Regards

Archived