Making CKEditor more advanced

Tsvi

Hey all,

Is there a chance you'll make the CKEditor more advanced? I mean, to make an option in the ACP or something like that, that will let a user to use an Advanced CKEditor.

Now I'll explain what I mean..

This CKEditor is stripped from a lot of CKEditor's options. Like for example in the default CKEditor when you want to add a link, so in it's wizard it showing you 3 tabs

so you can customize your link with all sorts of settings like: rel (nofollow if i want), description, title and such. I guess you already know what I'm talking about.

Or when you want to add an image you could also set some extra options of the image attribute, like ID, description, titles and etc.

And yes, I guess it means to approve a bit your BBCode bits..

Because if we are talking a lot about SEO lately, It's necessary too I think.

One of the known ways to improve your ratings are of course writing all sorts of articles,

and if you do that you should stick to Google standards and HTML standards. Google like when you put title & descriptions for example for links and images,

all that is important for SEO.

What do you think?

A board system is not a Blog that is managed by 1 person only . Users will not spend time on adding details to images , urls. You can't expect them to do so , in fact that will only confuse end user.

Yes, you are right about that one.

But I think maybe IPB should give it as an option. Maybe to let it only for selected groups that I'll choose.

Yes, you are right about that one.

But I think maybe IPB should give it as an option. Maybe to let it only for selected groups that I'll choose.

Yes, should be left as a second choice but this default inactive and it is necessary to activate the ACP users who want to leverage the full CKEditor. Additionally it is an excellent idea, I can serve my personal ... since I have so to speak "all the time in the world"

Matt has already said that he wants to move completely away from bbcode and into html. The reason that IPB doesn't use all of ckeditor's stuff is because it doesn't properly convert to bbcode. They plan to go farther with ckeditor that's for sure.

Or something. It was kind of confusing when I read it.

Archived