Moderate first post?

GStone

I'm running 2.3.5 (I'll be switching to 3.3.0 very shortly).

I could have sworn there was a setting to make a new member's first post so that it had to be mod-approved, but I'm not finding anything. The only way I can think of doing it is to create a noob group that's all-posts-moderated and then automatically promotes to an un-moderated group after one post.

Ideas? Is this function available in 3.3.0?

ACP > Members > Manage Member Groups > [Select group] > Forums tab

At the bottom:

[img]

[/img]

Oh, well damn, nevermind then. I was purely thinking "first post," so the "moderate until XX approved posts" feature didn't even cross my mind.

I'm running 2.3.5 (I'll be switching to 3.3.0 very shortly).

I could have sworn there was a setting to make a new member's first post so that it had to be mod-approved, but I'm not finding anything. The only way I can think of doing it is to create a noob group that's all-posts-moderated and then automatically promotes to an un-moderated group after one post.

Thanks Martin, that's precisely what I'm looking for, but it doesn't appear to be available in 2.3.5. Looks like I'll have to wait for the upgrade.

If it was possible in the 2.3 series, it would be located in the settings for the member group, not the screen to find members. I don't believe it was available without a mod though, because I recall people asking for the functionality to be a stock feature instead of an add-on feature. So if it's not in 2.3, then don't worry, when you get to the 3.x series, it's definitely available. Once you upgrade and have been in the ACP for a few minutes, the 2.3 ACP will suddenly look awful. That's how nice it is.

Archived