Date & Time Hook

Lase

I'm surprised there isn't one of these as far as I know.

I'm prepared to pay someone who would be able to come up with a sidebar hook that displays the date and time.

Something really simple, if it looked like this it would be ideal :

%7Boption%7D

Naturally there'd need to be an option in profile settings to specify what time zone should be displayed in case of the user visiting from elsewhere in the world.

I've done a combination of what you Sandi_ and Dmacieo suggested and picked the least offensive date and time stamp I could find on that site, but I set it to GMT+1. Applicable to me but it won't be for someone in America and users are from everywhere.

Like I said before, you need to find a good open source javascript clock script. Specifically one that allow you to alter what timestamp it uses to generate the time. You can then throw in the data pertinent to the member or guest that trigers the load...

I wouldn't call myself someone that knows much about javascript... I'll certainly putz with it since it is a good idea...

Most members have their timezone set. You can use one of the javascript clocks in my link above in a js function, and send the members timezone to it. You will probably have to fiddle with some date functions to change the offset to timezone.

$offset = $this->memberData['time_offset'];

Archived