Notification of new events

wikoz

I run a events organising society and use IPB as our main website, when an event is made on the calendar not everyone checks the calendar and there for we have to tell people to suscribe to the calendar upon registration.

A suggestion feature would be to have a option that notifies members when new events are made without them subscribing to a particular calendar. (Like an invite)

Personally I think delete Calendar and re-think the entire events management system

I agree we need an auto notifying system, AND a widget like the recent topics added widget that lists all the upcoming events

The members *really* want this, and I dont think its fair for me or them that I am the choke point for organising events

If I could designate someone to run weekly meetings, I now afew people who'd put their hand up, I cant do weekly myself

1) You can subscribe to a calendar to be notified of new events posted to it. That functionality already exists.

2) There is already an "Upcoming Events" widget on the board index for calendar. It is an included, out of the box hook that you can enable or disable at will.

What is it you are looking for that is not present, as such?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going the newsletter route (custom) which sends out a biweekly newsletter that includes upcoming and recently added events along with recent posts and other content. Another suggestion that helps with calendars is an invite system - for those events with RSVP - you can send an invite out to members who can then indicate attendance from their email. We have found this (on a previous forum) to be a highly effective way of getting people interested in the events we are running.

I do think there should be an autonotification in the notifications area of an upcomming event, not talking about the hook in the forums itself.

Also I think we should be able to mass message to people on the board based on usergroups and or all. instead of just 6 or 7.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

1) You can subscribe to a calendar to be notified of new events posted to it. That functionality already exists.

2) There is already an "Upcoming Events" widget on the board index for calendar. It is an included, out of the box hook that you can enable or disable at will.

What is it you are looking for that is not present, as such?

Events are often put in months ahead. And whith that in mind, we could use a timed reminders notiflier (email, popup, etc.) for up coming events. Reminders that could be set from one week to one hour before the event occur.

Archived