Default bbcode sharedmedia change

Marcher Technologies

http://community.inv...483#entry134483
My Media.
.... the data is already handed off to the editor.
we don't even have to do anything besides make the source file.
We have Complete control of this source file....
Can we not allow other bbcodes to parse within the returned templates by allowing other bbcodes to parse within this bbcode at default?
I hardly see a security risk when the return is templated and coded by us, the developer.
I see immense benefits... specifically in regards to ANY IPB media tag usage.... its kind of sad i have to tell buyers of the content media system that this bbcodes default option is what stops my media from parsing properly.
put it to yes, and all is well.
Shared media IS a single tag
that normally returns TEMPLATES.
wherein data retrieved may be needing handed off to other bbcodes.

What you're asking for is recursive parsing, which sounds semi-dangerous to me.

Shared media code returns a template that has a shared media code in it.
Repeat (ad infinity)

I would recommend you simply use HTML in the template that is returned (like every other shared media tag template does). Then there's no need to parse it again (and potentially again, and again, etc.).

What you're asking for is recursive parsing, which sounds semi-dangerous to me.

[u]Shared media code returns a template that has a shared media code in it.[/u]

Repeat (ad infinity)

I would recommend you simply use HTML in the template that is returned (like every other shared media tag template does). Then there's no need to parse it again (and potentially again, and again, etc.).

nothing of the sort..... who in their right mind would put a shared media tag inside a shared media template?
i ask for basic access to the bbcode inside it, nothing more...
and yes, i could "see" the danger.... if these were not skin templates... its not like were giving an input area for code to be placed in the sharedmedia template :logik: .
and farber... i am manually making the "link"... all i ask is that be allowed to auto-parse it sans me advising this option be changed at the consumers level....
I cannot make a media template for every media tag in existence.... and why would anyone expect me too?
been down that road, its a waste of mass effort for something the board media tags already handle more admirably and efficiently.

cant the same thing as quotes does be applied?

by no means would i consider it acceptable for this to occur...

eg, dont let it parse itself?

... i kind of would've thought this would have been a given... :logik:
If the admin can enable bbcode parsing within it at whim anyway, it being able to parse itself..... sounds buggy as :ike:
mind you.. some malignant person would HAVE to actually set that up in the template... but yeah.... :logik:

At the end of the day this is simply a very niche need that one modder may have a use for...ever. It's unlikely we'd spend our development time on something like this, as such.

However, IP.Board 3.3 has a new bbcode parsing method that will allow you to parse an individual bbcode on demand. You could probably use this to do what you need to do, even if you end up having to do it in the template using <php></php> template logic.

IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parseSingleBbcodes( $output, 'display', 'media' );

At the end of the day this is simply a very niche need that one modder may have a use for...ever. It's unlikely we'd spend our development time on something like this, as such.

However, IP.Board 3.3 has a new bbcode parsing method that will allow you to parse an individual bbcode on demand. You could probably use this to do what you need to do, even if you end up having to do it in the template using <php></php> template logic.

IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parseSingleBbcodes( $output, 'display', 'media' );

that.. could do...at this point im very simply handing the url directly off to the editor when in media mode.... viable workable solution.... and considering i basically have to predisplayParse it anyway in the content template, would be less resource-intensive as well.... my question is will the editor explode when that is done(preDisplayParse obviously flat kabooms).

Archived