Download: IPContent Blocks Management Block+Hook

Marcher Technologies

File Name: IPContent Blocks Management Block+Hook
File Submitter: Marcher Technologies
File Submitted: 06 Sep 2011
File Updated: 20 Oct 2011
File Category: IP.Content

Features: IPB 3.1.x:
This hook and IPContent Block will show your selection of blocks on the board index as hooks. You Can additionally Choose To sort the Blocks by Block Title, Block Key, Block Description, Or Block ID in either Ascending or Descending order. The hook appears on the board index when enabled, the block is coded to be usable in any application.
The Hook Can Be Disabled, and the Settings used For The Block standalone.
Features: IPB 3.2.x:
This hook and IPContent Block will show your selections of blocks on the board index, Gallery Home, Nexus index/store, Blog Index, and Downloads Portal as hooks.
You Can additionally Choose To sort the Blocks by Block Title, Block Key, Block Description, Or Block ID in either Ascending or Desending order.
The hooks appear in installed applications when enabled and blocks are selected, the block is coded to be usable in any application.
Demos

Click here to download this file
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone interested should pm me..... as a note, YOU MUST have IPContent, all other apps [s]and version #'s are irrelevant.[/s]... and you can get the final version and this item at half of current price.

due to hook points missing in 3.1.4, this file will be split(im sorry guys) into 2, i will gen purchases for all current customers for this for the 3.2 only file.... this version is IPB version independent and is feature-locked.
  • 4 weeks later...

Can this be modified or work to include Say Feature Items or most popular or Just to list recent products?

If not Can we talk about modifying this and cost please. You do good work....

0-0
its designed to be able to include "any" ipc block besides the mega block.
eg, not so much a matter of tweaking this mod, but making... some kind of block to pull stuff out of nexus and into a block so this can return it....
I'd rather NOT go digging in the database for this, but i may have to.
  • 2 weeks later...

This is is a great utility. Now I can easily add custom blocks to my Forum Index sidebar, which I found troublesome to modify. In my case, I can have this this week's most downloaded files block on my sidebar. And the recent download comments on the sidebar in the forums. Very nice and easy to use!

• 1 month later...

This is great. Nice way to add blocks from your media system on the board index. Keep up the good work with your professional and cheaply priced mods. You fill in a lot of holes left by IPS.

I was just thinking the same thing, makes it easy to unlock the power of ipcontent while teaching me.
until I started to mess with this I failed to see how useful it can be.

Don't know if this is related to the mod installation, but it only starting happening shortly after installing this mod. I have been getting a 500 server error but the ACP works fine, just not the main site. I added ini_set('display_errors',1); to the initdata.php file and it starting throwing up this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home3/yourdomain/public_html/bbs/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 1905

Fatal error: Class 'skin_ccs' not found in /home3/yourdomain/public_html/bbs/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php on line 421

I'm currently waiting to see if someone can help me in support.

hrmm...
disable the hook momentarily and see if it vanishes.... cant see why it would do that unless a broken block is selected(a block utterly shot on syntax selected here would go awol).
After disabling the hook, place the blocks 1 by 1 on content pages.... see if they are popping errors... gonna triple-check this... but i've not seen nor can think why it would do that barring the above.

Ok I'll update you on a couple of things.

The forum is accessible when I use the following link format (www.yourforumurl.com/index.php?act=idx) when the hook is disabled. If I enable the hook I get the same errors.

If I go to recache all for the content blocks I also get the same error.

do me a solid, open up your skin... check that the skin_ccs or (Content) Global skin group is present..... something is quite off here.... try as i might(local, so of course i have php set to scream the slightest warning) I am unable to reproduce this.

Ok I'll update you on a couple of things.

The forum is accessible when I use the following link format (www.yourforumurl.com/index.php?act=idx) when the hook is disabled. If I enable the hook I get the same errors.

If I go to recache all for the content blocks I also get the same error.

OH
you ..... have a bad block?
my first... your gonna have to find the bad block through testing on an ipc page and nuke it...
I have had this happen before devving other blocks...
cannot recache the block, or all until that block is deleted... which the system will allow you to do....
when you find the block causing the kaboom, be a dear and state which if its an mp item.....
that broken block is nailing you right now.
easy way to test the blocks, attempt to recache them individually.
the faulty one wont allow recache.

They seem to be there. The problem is I can't load any IPC page, they all give the error, even new ones. I can create a new skin to see if that helps?

Oh, and none of the blocks will recache without that error popping up.

.... does uninstalling this hook stop that occurring?
if not.....
you got bigger problems than my hook(ive never seen nor heard of ALL that happening in one go... I use this mod on my own board rather than any other hooks).

Ok I've sorted it now. I deleted the block and hey presto.

Also even though I have reinstalled the block, I haven't yet reinstalled the hook, but there is a block from the hook on my forum sidebar... lol

The block of yours, I'm reinstalling it all and I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok I've sorted it now. I deleted the block and hey presto.

Also even though I have reinstalled the block, I haven't yet reinstalled the hook, but there is a block from the hook on my forum sidebar... lol

The block of yours, I'm reinstalling it all and I'll let you know how it goes.

Ensure that "block" isnt actually a hook :P ive run into that, confusing at times when latest topics wasn't selected, yet hey, there it is! lol.

Archived