View new content links, why they doesnt take me to first unread post?

Owdy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIXED... SAME TEMPLATE.
THIS IS THE CODE:

<h4><a href='{parse url="showtopic={$data['tid']}<if test="isNewPostTR:|:$this->request['do']=='new_posts' OR $this->request['do']=='active' OR $this->request['do']=='viewNewContent'">&amp;view=getnewpost<else /><if test="resultIsPostTR:|:$data['pid'] AND $data['pid'] != $data['topic_firstpost']">&amp;view=findpost&amp;p={$data['pid']}</if></if>&amp;hl={$data['cleanSearchTerm']}&amp;fromsearch=1" seotitle="{$data['title_seo']}" template="showtopic" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_result']}'>{$data['_shortTitle']}</a></h4>

and i feel a dunce for not sorting it earlier.

• Management

This came up a lot before and at the time we decided to keep the VNC view consistent with forum view, in that clicking the link took you to the first post and clicking the blue dot takes you to the first unread.

Although I preferred the previous behaviour I can see the logic in what IPS has done. All I think needs to be done is something a bit more obvious than a dot be used. VB for example uses an arrow.

I've also added a legend to the VNC template as per the image below. Not ideal as it shows on all VNC pages. I probably need to add an if statement in to hide it.

3DKiwi

Although I preferred the previous behaviour I can see the logic in what IPS has done. All I think needs to be done is something a bit more obvious than a dot be used. VB for example uses an arrow.

I've also added a legend to the VNC template as per the image below. Not ideal as it shows on all VNC pages. I probably need to add an if statement in to hide it.

3DKiwi

something like this should do:

<if test="$this->request['do']=='viewNewContent'">

code legend

</if>

for that need.
EDIT, sorry, wrong iftest LOL.... changed to be kosher.

something like this should do:

<if test="$this->request['do']=='viewNewContent'">

code legend

</if>

for that need. EDIT, sorry, wrong iftest LOL.... changed to be kosher.

Thanks. What I'm trying to do is only on the Forums result page when doing a VNC should the legend show. You've pointed me in the right direction. The following code does what I want.

<if test="forumsTab:|:$this->request['search_app'] == 'forums'">

Legend code

</if>

Thanks for your interest and support. You've been very helpful :)

Nigel / 3DKiwi

Thanks. What I'm trying to do is only on the Forums result page when doing a VNC should the legend show. You've pointed me in the right direction. The following code does what I want.

<if test="forumsTab:|:$this->request['search_app'] == 'forums'">

Legend code

</if>

Thanks for your interest and support. You've been very helpful :smile:

Nigel / 3DKiwi

;) appreciate the response, and glad you bothered to look around for the exact code you needed :)

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I would like to know how these options can be changed between the icons and the name of the topic. I want to after clicking on the name of the topic taken me to the last unread post. So how to swap between functions "unread" and "fromsearch=1"? Please help how I can do it :)

Hi there,

I would like to know how these options can be changed between the icons and the name of the topic. I want to after clicking on the name of the topic taken me to the last unread post. So how to swap between functions "unread" and "fromsearch=1"? Please help how I can do it :smile:

:pirate:

Archived