Emoticons

marklcfc

It's better than the pop up now but you need to change it.

My site has 100+ emoticons, so if someone wants to add the latest one added they'll click show all and scroll to bottom as new ones are automatically added at the bottom of the list. Are they now seriously supposed to click and wait for each lot to load 8/9 times to get to that emoticon now? You need a show all somewhere.

Why not leave it as it was?

You can alter the order of them - so if you have a common one, then just drag it up the list in your ACP.

Seriously!!! :drool:

Have never been able to update my Reorder Emoticons mod since 3.0 came out, will be great to be able to do this without a mod.

May be the current method could be altered to show 2 or 3 lines at once if you have a lot. (no idea if possible - just an idea)

I had suggested this idea back when they had the second 3.2 preview. I still stand by that suggestion. It would make it easier for us to search the list of our emoticons with less clicks, especially for those who have hundreds of them. Here's the same screenshot I posted back then:

%7Boption%7D

I understand the bottom row is the same as the top, but I only made it like that to show what I meant. :smile:

I'm really quite angry that the feedback on the emoticons has been completely ignored for 3.2.0. I don't see any kind of emoticon category management from this front end. I too am wondering how my emoticons will look slung underneath the posting screen, some of them are quite tall and I have a 100+ too.

I'm really quite angry that the feedback on the emoticons has been completely ignored for 3.2.0. I don't see any kind of emoticon category management from this front end. I too am wondering how my emoticons will look slung underneath the posting screen, some of them are quite tall and I have a 100+ too.

I've heard quite a few people say that they have tall or huge emoticons and that they will not look good underneath the editor and such. For this very reason I made it a strict rule NOT to add all kinds of crazy sizes of emoticons to my forums. Many of my members have suggested several emiticons ranging from almost 3 times the normal size to heavily animated one's, but I always remind them that I don't want anything like that. I try to find and add only those that are similar in size to the default one's or even a bit larger so that when I open the emoticon block, they won't alter things so much. I personally find adding too many huge emoticons an annoyance.

I completely agree. Whats the deal with having to click an arrow to wait for each set of emoticons to load? I find that to be annoying and highly unnecessary. At least allow us to have a pop up window or something where we can scroll through them.

While I was creating this post I couldn't help but notice the large blank area on the side of the text box where they would fit perfectly. I don't see a reason at all why they couldn't be put in there.

I just reply this topic & test the emoticon (w00t) :hyper: :laugh:

I like the way it is now :sorcerer:
But I feel the pain of members who have 1000 emoticons :cry:

Btw, OOT...where can I get the emoticon set like this ? Can I download it somewhere ? Or do I have to wait till IPB 3.2 ? :baby:

Archived