Easier Ignore/Un-ignore user

7SiN

I would like to suggest the addition of "Ignore/Un-Ignore" to be in the member card pop up. This would make the most sense as going to the UCP to ignore someone is just cumbersome. We should still have the options in the UCP to edit our ignore list if need be, but having the option in the member card pop up would be much easier for the end user.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm working on an application that adds what 7SiN requested it should be done soon I'm almost done with the hovercard button and then version 1.0 will be ready. Here's a sneak preview:

I added an "Ignore Me" button in profile view:
%7Boption%7D

When you click the button it takes you to this page where you can manage your ignore prefs... Never need to type in a display name again!
%7Boption%7D

Note version 1.0 uses the same ignore permissions as IP.Board meaning Topics, Messages and Signatures. If version 1.0 is successful and many people download it I'll look into writing my own permissions set for status updates and individual posts.

Problem is you are almost encouraging people not to communicate and to ignore each other.

There is a balance.

Would you rather your users flame each other, or ignore them? It's not encouraging them not to communicate, it's just asking them to ignore each other so things don't get out of hand and they find themselves on the suspension or permanent vacaition.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived