[Empty Hook sidebar] Using I.P Content blocks on sidebar of the board index

Dreamlander

It works well and I'm using the same method.

However, I believe that it would be nice if we can easily add an empty sidebar (hook) box where we can put the IP.Content block or any other info we need (youtube video, photo, paypal button etc.).
I believe this was requested many times already.

• 3 months later...

Am I right in saying though that we can only add IP.Content blocks above and below the sidebar? I can't figure out how to position an IP.Content block amongst other blocks, as the skin template just parses the sidebar, and the order of that is controlled in the ACP, something which we can't insert IP.Content blocks into.

Am I right in saying though that we can only add IP.Content blocks above and below the sidebar? I can't figure out how to position an IP.Content block amongst other blocks, as the skin template just parses the sidebar, and the order of that is controlled in the ACP, something which we can't insert IP.Content blocks into.

Sadly not (atleast as far as I know). But one could delete the code for the sidebar and manually add every block in the correct position and order.

You can get it to show in the sidebar. You cannot *position* it within the sidebar. It can be the first or last block, but that is it.

You can also, alternatively, make your own hook that calls the block. It would be one of the simplest hooks I can imagine (literally...probably 4 lines of PHP code at most), however there's not really a way for us to provide this "out of the box" at present. I'll put a little thought into it, but at the end of the day, this isn't an IPB limitation.

I'll put a little thought into it, but at the end of the day, this isn't an IPB limitation.

That will be appreciated. I think that if this is implemented out-of-the-box it would a be a very feature.
I still very much need to be able to add / edit / delete / rearrange simple boxes with custom text/code/IP.Content in the sidebar.
Arranging is very important.

Archived