Pinned topics

DevilDamo

Will IPB be looking at differentiating Pinned topics from the rest of the threads/topics in that forum?

This is currently the default (3.0.3) and yes, I will be upgrading soon...

%7Boption%7D

This is the current Classic Pro skin on my 3.0.3 forum...

%7Boption%7D

It's SOOO much easier to tell which are announcements, pinned and normal topics.

You can manually add a divider - http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/37883-how-to-separate-pinned-topics-from-the-others/ shows you how.

Which is fine until you upgrade and the edits are lost. It was there by default before so no reason why it can't remain... just how the Announcement topics are differentiated.

I believe IPS's argument was "Pinned topics are in fact regular topics" which is why they don't separate them from the unpinned topics. Announcements are in fact no regular topics which is why those are separated.

I don't agree with IPS though. I definitely think that pinned topics are supposed to be separated from the regular topics.

Agreed. Otherwise, why have the Pinned feature.

To pin topics at the top? Which is exactly what IPS is doing right now.
All that we guys want is a graphical improvement to enhance the visual aspect of the feature to make it easier to see which topics are pinned.

The topics are still pinned at the top of the forum. :huh: Just because they don't have a little bar to separate them doesn't make the feature useless.

Correct. However, it's a little harder to differentiate between the Pinned and normal threads... even with the Pinned prefix.

To pin topics at the top? Which is exactly what IPS is doing right now.

All that we guys want is a graphical improvement to enhance the visual aspect of the feature to make it easier to see which topics are pinned.

Agree+100

current one is misleading according a lot of feedbacks from our members

Yea currently the default no separation was kinda annoying.

Also that linked to hack is quite ulgy, dude needs to learn to consolidate if statements sheesh.

The topics are still pinned at the top of the forum. :huh: Just because they don't have a little bar to separate them doesn't make the feature useless.

The problem is, when you have a list of pinned topics, without that bar, members have to scan through them each visit to avoid clicking on them. Since pinned topics then to be informational or something along the lines, more often then not, members only need to see them once anyway. So that bar lets them skip to the content faster.
Basically no bar:
Look at 5 rows to see the Reference: markers
With bar:
See one row saying pinned topic
Skip right down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived