Suggestion: Require approval for all posts in a topic

TCWT

Please add a feature to require approval for all posts within a topic in order for it to be shown. I saw this feature in the fatwallet forum yesterday. I know you can create a forum and enable posting moderation but I want to apply it for certain topics only.

Also, add a popup to let the member know that it needs to be manually approved. Often times, members send a PM to ask why isn't their replies/topics showing up!

+1 for this
But rather than a popup, have a note at the top of the forum/topic saying that all posts needs to be approved before being displayed. Having a forcing function like a popup is is not really good design.

I don't think this is possible. If you saw it on another forum, you might be out of luck because some IPB owners are designing certain mods for their forums specifically for their forums. The only way you can "Approve by Moderator" on posts is if you activate it for the entire forum.

+1 for this

But rather than a popup, have a note at the top of the forum/topic saying that all posts needs to be approved before being displayed. Having a forcing function like a popup is is not really good design.

I don't mean a browser popup but more of a dialog box or a little message that disappears after x seconds like the ones in 3.1.1. Not everyone reads a message at the top of a topic, a message informing them right after they post is better imo.

I don't think this is possible. If you saw it on another forum, you might be out of luck because some IPB owners are designing certain mods for their forums specifically for their forums. The only way you can "Approve by Moderator" on posts is if you activate it for the entire forum.

Fatwallet is not using IPB.

• 1 year later...

+1 for this as well. There has to be a way to set all posts as un-approved until they get approved. It would be nice if it was part of IPB, but even a third party mod would be useful for some.

Archived