[Feature Request] BB Code in Profile Comments

glorify

Pretty simple request. Don't know if it would be easy to do.

Thanks.

I agree. As long as the admin can define what usergroups can use what bbcode tags. For instance, I wouldn't want everyone to be able to post images.

Hmm, I'd prefer rather no bbcode within profile comments.

That's why it was made so you can choose were each BBCode can used in IPB 3, so if you didn't want certain or any BBCodes used in certain places you could disable it there. However they didn't make it so you can enable/disable them for profile comments for some reason.

Hmm, I'd prefer rather no bbcode within profile comments.

That may be, I am just stating my community would like them, especially since we are coming from vb where they have been used on a daily basis. This is not something that I say IPB should do this because vb does it. I am just saying, it is a very used feature that my vb board had.

I agree, keep the usergroup permissions in place to limit them if you don't want them.

Besides, if you can use them in the About Me section, it gets confusing to have a spot that you can't use them within the same page.

Initially we only allowed a small subset of bbcode because most admins felt allowing full-on bbcode in the space-restricted comments area (think you're only allowed something like 300 chars for a profile comment) would be problematic and potentially spammy.

Now that 3.x has area-specific bbcode restrictions, it may be a possibility to look into this again.

Archived