Flood Control

AtariAge

It's already frustrating doing searches on this site given the four character minimum and other aspects of the search system. The flood control is extremely aggravating. For instance, I was just in the "Customer Resources" area trying (unsuccessfully) to find information on how to create hooks. After giving up on that, I typed "+hook +tutorial" in the search box. Of course, it tries to do this search in the "Customer Resources" tab, with no results. I then click on "Forum", which is where I wanted to search in the first place. I then hit the all-too-familiar,

"Flood control is enabled. Please wait at least 20 seconds before attempting to search again"

I hit this all the time here. Can this limit please be shorted or removed entirely for paying customers?

Thank you,

..Al

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

As a customer I hate to be slowed in my search by this "Flood control is enabled. Please wait at least 8 seconds before attempting to search again" message.

A little empathy for your customers please?

Or do you prefer to receive call supports from clients who never took the time to find the answer themselves?

Archived