Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weve got a public bug tracker now setup :thumbsup:

http://dev.geekmanic...rcade%20System/

Also, some minor enhancements have been made to the game listings page to make it look more like the vbulliten arcade, as a user suggested above.

Here is the latest screenshot:
post-123463-126491942513_thumb.png

Some new features in the above screenshot:

• Game ratings!
  • "Favorites" (user panel to view favorites is not yet coded...)
  • Placeholders for quick score information (based on vbulliten suggestion above)

As you can see, things are progressing very well. Andy and I hope to release the first down-loadable version of this mod in a few days, so stay tuned!

Yeah. Its useability. In my opinion, people wont comment during game play. If anything, they will comment after they play the game.

Im open to suggestion from others, mainly how other arcade systems out there work?

Regarding comments. Other arcade systems allow you to make a comment and it appears alongside your score on the leaderboard for the game they've just got a high-score on. I think it's ajax powered as the comment appears straight away on the page when you submit it.

You should really sign up to www.v3arcade.com and check it out. It'll only take 5 mins to see what I mean ;)

Weve got a public bug tracker now setup :thumbsup:

[url="http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/"]http://dev.geekmanic...rcade%20System/[/url]

Also, some minor enhancements have been made to the game listings page to make it look more like the vbulliten arcade, as a user suggested above.

Here is the latest screenshot:

post-123463-126491942513_thumb.png

Some new features in the above screenshot:

• Game ratings!
  • "Favorites" (user panel to view favorites is not yet coded...)
  • Placeholders for quick score information (based on vbulliten suggestion above)

As you can see, things are progressing very well. Andy and I hope to release the first down-loadable version of this mod in a few days, so stay tuned!

Missed this before my other reply - looking amazing Andy & Collin! WOOT!

Regarding comments. Other arcade systems allow you to make a comment and it appears alongside your score on the leaderboard for the game they've just got a high-score on. I think it's ajax powered as the comment appears straight away on the page when you submit it.

You should really sign up to www.v3arcade.com and check it out. It'll only take 5 mins to see what I mean ;)

I know exactly what you mean, and, to be honest, im not adding it for 2 reasons:
1) I personally dislike the feature.
2) I dont know how to do the ajax forms yet. >_<

I will continue to look into it, but right now me and andy are just doing the final skinning and design changes. No new features at this point.

Andy go for it mate, you are doing a great job, I am sure everyone will donate something to you when you have finished this, as we are all sick of waiting for the others, still nothing after 12 months. Your going from strength to strength mate, keep it going, you will have a nice product in the end, with many satisfied friends. Good luck buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Andy go for it mate, you are doing a great job, I am sure everyone will donate something to you when you have finished this, as we are all sick of waiting for the others, still nothing after 12 months. Your going from strength to strength mate, keep it going, you will have a nice product in the end, with many satisfied friends. Good luck buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/me feels left out

Archived