Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Booth lol just to let you know, when BETA 4 is released, you will need to uninstall the current version of iArcade you are using as there are alot of new things so it would be easier to do a fresh install so you don't run into issues

Thanks for letting me know, looking forward to tomorrow evening for some iArcade installation hijinks!

Don't worry about it, take your time. Just don't rush it like vBulletin 4 :D

I totally agree with Booth here. Take your time guys. Don't feel too pressured into releasing it too early just because of all those wanting an Arcade. Better to have one a bit late than not at all or with too many bugs. We're all just grateful that you guys decided to take on this task where lots of others have pretty much given up or put it 'on hold'. Thanks again for all your work guys. :thumbsup:

Thank you for both of your support, it is appreciated :D

There will be no way we are rushing this like vb4 was rushed and I'm sure you've all seen how many bugs are in that.

(Just to warn though, there will be bugs in this due to so many changes, but bugs can be submitted to a tracker once this has been released)

As Andy said earlier:

THERE WILL BE BUGS!

There are reasons that you are not supposed to install it in a live or production environment.
1) There will be bugs!
2) There are feature placeholders. Things that are in the works have placeholders.

This is a ROUGH BETA in order for me to get some feedback about what features to keep adding.

THERE WILL BE BUGS!

There are reasons that you are not supposed to install it in a live or production environment.

1) There will be bugs!

2) There are feature placeholders. Things that are in the works have placeholders.

This is a ROUGH BETA in order for me to get some feedback about what features to keep adding.

Ah well no good to me then, I don't have a test board, so that means I cannot install it on the main board. How can people test it if it can't go on a working board so people can test it. I had already told my members we would have a stable beta 4 release by this weekend as there was no mention of this until now that it is about to be released.

Ah well no good to me then, I don't have a test board, so that means I cannot install it on the main board. How can people test it if it can't go on a working board so people can test it. I had already told my members we would have a stable release by this weekend as there was no mention of this until now that it is about to be released.

It was mentioned several times that this would not be 100% stable. It needs to be tested by people before it can become stable. :thumbsup:
Just like when a new version of IPB comes out, they warn you not to install the beta on a live community, as there are bugs that need to be worked out.

As far as I know, everything that is supposed to work is working.
However, time will tell when it gets TESTED if it fully works or not.

I cannot come out and say "It works flawless use it on your board with 1,000 members!" because it has never been used on a board with ANY members. For right now, it is just a pre-caution that it is in the testing stages.

Ah well no good to me then, I don't have a test board, so that means I cannot install it on the main board. How can people test it if it can't go on a working board so people can test it. I had already told my members we would have a stable beta 4 release by this weekend as there was no mention of this until now that it is about to be released.

You know that your license provides for you to have a "test" board on which to install things like this before moving it over to a production environment. You just can't have your test board open to the public.

Any v2 ibproarcade games are supported.

Personally, I download all my games from ibpdownloads.com

If you don't mind me asking Collin1000, does one have to be a registered member and donate at the ibpdownloads.com site in order to download the games?

If you don't mind me asking Collin1000, does one have to be a registered member and donate at the ibpdownloads.com site in order to download the games?

Im pretty sure you need to register, but I dont think donations are required.

I recommend their site because
a) I get all my games from them
b) They sort their games by v2 scoring system (supported by iArcade) and v32 scoring system (not supported by iArcade) so it is easier to find compatible games.

Archived