Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Wow, sounds like you done alot Collin... supprised about the structure where its a setting, never thought of that :P

Well, I mean, what else was there?
I had .Wolfie make a great point security.
But the simplicity of /games I really liked
And then the photo-bucket user threw me over the edge. I was like "hells yes, this can be done!"

I know there was a code freeze, but I considered this a security risk. :thumbsup:
%7Boption%7D

Only downside right now is the game import script. On your first time using it, your going to need to manually open it up and tell it the correct folder.
Other than that, all that glitters is gold!
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So beta 4 is going to come pre-packed with games and high scores, yes? We can also add games via admin CP yes? :) when can we expect Beta 4? :whistle:

I understand that 6 pages is alot to read and sift through, so ill spare you the "GO READ THE TOPIC" rant and just post it.

• Beta 4 will not come "pre-packed with games" Because this violates just about every single publisher's license. Also, the selling/distribution of "game packs" is prohibited. However, at a later point in time, myself and Andy will offer a game installation service.
  • Beta 4 will be compatible with ibproarcade v2 scoring games. You can download v2 games from many sites. Personally, I recommend ibpdownloads.com
  • Beta 4 will not include the ability to import games via the admin cp, due to an issue with sessions, as was already discussed in this topic. However, you will be able to upload game packs from ibpdownloads.com into a quick, easy to use import tool. Here is a demo of the process: http://screencast.com/t/MzgxMzMxNDI As you can see, the entire process takes under 30 secconds. No configuring the game, no setting values... Just upload a game file and done.
  • As you can see from our todo list posted earlier, there are only a few minor changes yet to be made (skinning, installer). I hope to have this finished in 3-4 days.
  • Beta 4 will not come "pre-packed with games" Because this violates just about every single publisher's license. Also, the selling/distribution of "game packs" is prohibited. However, at a later point in time, myself and Andy will offer a game installation service.

Collin, for both IBProArcade and V3arcade (for VB) Paul Neave has allowed the distribution of his games with their arcade add-ons.

http://www.neave.com/games/

I reckon you would have a good chance of him allowing the distribution with IP.Arcade (that is what it's going to be called eventually isn't it?)

And of course they have been converted to V2 already.

Archived