<Suggestion> Admin Edit includes author change

TackleUnderground

(It would be very useful if there was such a function for all IPS products)

For example, every record that is editable by an admin, to include the option to change who authored the post/topic, etc.

Useful for conversions as I have a gallery that cannot be converted to IPgallery, but noted that IPgallery has the ability to bulk import photos.
If a "change author" field was available to admins it would allow me to import the photos then manually change who uploaded them instead of all photos belonging to me.

I've also come across many instances where a (less than casual) user will have trouble posting records/topics and email me a request to insert on their behalf. Such a feature would make it possible, especially for the custom database usability of IPContent.

Thanks.

You can always use the SQL toolbox to do this.

Yeah, but doesn't that function like phpmyadmin? eg; by running manual query commands? I could do it but worry about possible mismatched data like incorrect post counts etc upon edit.
I'd like to see the option in the admin edit interface, including the nifty Ajax autofill when you begin typing in the author username (greedy enough huh?) :shifty:
Didn't know the sql toolbox was there, much thanks for pointing that out.

• 4 years later...

Archived