Why complaints?

Liquid_1520

This company is rated an A+ on the Better Business Bureau, and all their complaints have been resolved, I just wonder why people continue to complain about their customer service and support responses.

http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/business-reviews/web-design/invision-power-services-inc-in-forest-va-9008717/
That's the direct link to the BBB site.

Personally, i've been quite pleased with what i've been given.

• Management

(Side note: don't put much stock in the BBB. Most complaints sent to the BBB are not to do with IPS but rather people send complaints to us about IPBs out there thinking we run them. Plus I could go on a huge rant about the BBB but that's a different topic.)

As with most businesses 99% of clients are happy but it's the 1% who are not happy who you hear from :)

Most of our complaints come from client-confusion. The last few posted here were people thinking we had somehow removed their license when they were just logging in under the wrong email address, for example. We also get a lot of "timezone" complaints. Like someone in Europe will post a ticket and wonder why it's taking "so long" for a reply forgetting it's 3:00 am here. Sure we have staff in tickets from Europe too but some stuff requires certain staff to take care of.

We also get complaints from what I call "abnormal expectations" like: client has IPB installed on a host using ultra-secure PHP setup with almost everything disabled and is mad because things don't work. Another one would be languages issues. We are continuing to work on language issues but when your whole staff only speaks English it's hard to debug language issues and some people become angry thinking we don't care when really it's just an ongoing process as it is so hard for us to debug.

Of course we sometimes miss a response timeframe for a ticket, give a client wrong information, and mess up. That's understandable. When we do mess up we never defend ourselves we acknowledge it and try to fix it. We do get defensive though when someone posts a rant on the forums and misrepresents the facts. That really drives me nuts :)

As with every company out there, it will always have its bad things, support issue is horrid for me being in the UK, and yes I do forget that the timezone is different, and personally think that there should be staff working in the UK for IPS to help the people in the UK, and should have basicly the same skills that works in the dead office, but thats my opinion.

But apart from support ( which I try not to use to much ) I am very happy with the level of professionalism, and the quality of the products, so I say, Congratulations to IPS for outstanding work on products and thank you for getting me into the web development industry, if it wasn't for IP.Board, I would be a wannabee geek ripping other software and saying its my own work, so thank you and congratulations :D

[quote name='! αη∂у яιχση !' date='11 September 2009 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1252625383' post='1854935']
As with every company out there, it will always have its bad things, support issue is horrid for me being in the UK, and yes I do forget that the timezone is different, and personally think that there should be staff working in the UK for IPS to help the people in the UK, and should have basicly the same skills that works in the dead office, but thats my opinion.

There are staff in your timezone :)

Terabyte is in Italy (GMT+1) and does general support.
I'm in the UK and do conversions and tier II support.
Debbie is in the UK and does sales and billing.

It's just there are more staff in the US, and so when there are more people, tickets are answered faster.

[quote name='Charles' date='08 September 2009 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1252415423' post='1853942']
(Side note: don't put much stock in the BBB. Most complaints sent to the BBB are not to do with IPS but rather people send complaints to us about IPBs out there thinking we run them. Plus I could go on a huge rant about the BBB but that's a different topic.)

As with most businesses 99% of clients are happy but it's the 1% who are not happy who you hear from :)

Most of our complaints come from client-confusion. The last few posted here were people thinking we had somehow removed their license when they were just logging in under the wrong email address, for example. We also get a lot of "timezone" complaints. Like someone in Europe will post a ticket and wonder why it's taking "so long" for a reply forgetting it's 3:00 am here. Sure we have staff in tickets from Europe too but some stuff requires certain staff to take care of.

We also get complaints from what I call "abnormal expectations" like: client has IPB installed on a host using ultra-secure PHP setup with almost everything disabled and is mad because things don't work. Another one would be languages issues. We are continuing to work on language issues but when your whole staff only speaks English it's hard to debug language issues and some people become angry thinking we don't care when really it's just an ongoing process as it is so hard for us to debug.

Of course we sometimes miss a response timeframe for a ticket, give a client wrong information, and mess up. That's understandable. When we do mess up we never defend ourselves we acknowledge it and try to fix it. We do get defensive though when someone posts a rant on the forums and misrepresents the facts. That really drives me nuts :)

Yes and another one would be a lack of a subscription manager.

Archived