Suggestion for Spam System

AtariAge

I email/admin validate new accounts on my forum. My normal workflow involves searching Google and StopForumSpam.com for the username (if fairly unique), email address and IP address. I also do a location looking on the IP address. Based on this information, I can almost always catch spammers before they are validated. However, the options at the bottom of the "Member Validating Queue" do not include, "Mark accounts as Spammers". What I typically do is outright delete the accounts. This does not help Invision's new spam system since no information is passed along to Invision. Presumably I would have to click on each individual account and then click the "Flag Member as Spam" and then delete the account (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Can you please add a "Mark Accounts as Spammers" option to the dropdown on the "Member Validating Queue" page? And whatever logic is necessary to make sure that those flagged accounts are sent to Invision as spammers?

Thanks,

..Al

[quote name='Brett B' date='28 August 2009 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1251473481' post='1849820']
Will marking the member as spam and then deleting the member allow for it to be registered properly in the Spam System's database?

I was wondering this as well..

..Al

[quote name='Matt' date='28 August 2009 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1251474942' post='1849830']
Ah, that's a good idea to add an option to "Flag as spam" when managing the validating queue. I'll try and get this in for 3.0.3

That would be fantastic. :)

Thanks,

..Al

[quote name='Matt' date='28 August 2009 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1251474942' post='1849830']
Ah, that's a good idea to add an option to "Flag as spam" when managing the validating queue. I'll try and get this in for 3.0.3

Please add this option to all the board.

Many board will not subscribe to the spam service but they can still help all the others by passing the information to Invision ;)

[quote name='dr. Jekyll' date='28 August 2009 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1251475902' post='1849841']
Please add this option to all the board.

Many board will not subscribe to the spam service but they can still help all the others by passing the information to Invision ;)

Your board has to be using the Spam Service in order to pass the information back to IPS.

Archived