What happened to Clean Cut?

wepfijweoifj

Cleancut doesn't seem very 'Clean' or 'Well cut' anymore...

I really, really don't like how there is a huge space just for the ip.board logo. I also don't like a whole other row for the search and signed in as functions...

Couldn't it be more like this:
http://www.ipbforumskins.com/forums/index.php
?

2rpa7if.jpg

People complained because the text wrapped on the breadcrumbs.

The search should be in the tab bar, and the functions should be put back up with the logo, I think.

There was a number of suggestions made in the tracker.
While I don't think the search should be in the bar for sites like this, some users would like to use that space for a banner.
Maybe we could have an option for two headers, one with the search there and one in the bar.

I currently do not like the look of the menu bar myself , the black doesn't seems a bit to much.
Maybe having it gray like the navbar would be better, either way this skins needs to hurry up and be released.

[quote name='Nervosa' date='10 August 2009 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1249951170' post='1841609']
There was a number of suggestions made in the tracker.
While I don't think the search should be in the bar for sites like this, some users would like to use that space for a banner.
Maybe we could have an option for two headers, one with the search there and one in the bar.

I currently do not like the look of the menu bar myself , the black doesn't seems a bit to much.
Maybe having it gray like the navbar would be better, either way this skins needs to hurry up and be released.
[/quote]

In your first sentences you mention how there are numerous suggestions and everyone wanting it one way or the other, and then talking about an option for two separate headers.

Then you go on to say it needs to hurry up and be released.

Development takes time. ;)

The first time I saw it is the way it is now. But after looking at http://www.ipbforumskins.com/forums/index.php, I'm going to have to say it's a lot better than what we have on this forum right now.

The breadcrum got wrapped more on the other version? On the ipbforumskins website, the breadcrum actually looks smaller and seems to have more room that the version here currently does.

Larger banner? Most folks have a larger resolution these days and there seems to be plenty of space for a banner. If worse comes to worse, maybe the banner could be displayed in a background image?

I prefer the version on ipbforumsskins. And this is coming from someone who first looked at the way it is now, and is just now looking back at what it was. The extra black bar looks horrid. It looked a lot better before.

Archived